New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for employment Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
Howdy AR Friends,

I am a recent college graduate with a degree in Marketing and minor in Economics. I am currently employed as a retail store sales manager. I am looking for a career in an industry that interests me. I have decided that life is too short not to enjoy what I do. My areas of interest are almost anything to do with the outdoors: hiking, hunting, fishing, camping, bird watching, wildlife photography, competitive shooting, and archery.

I will happily supply more information and my resume to any requests. Please send me a private message.

Thank you,
Brent

Posts: 97 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 06 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I forgot to mention:

I am located in Arizona, but would be willing to relocate elsewhere in the U.S.

Posts: 97 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 06 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Brent,foolish question perhaps but have you contacted corporate with Cabela's,Bass Pro Shops,Sportsmans Warehouse,etc. ad nauseum?

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Send a resume to Nosler.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brentp:
Howdy AR Friends,

I am a recent college graduate with a degree in Marketing and minor in Economics. I am currently employed as a retail store sales manager. I am looking for a career in an industry that interests me. I have decided that life is too short not to enjoy what I do. My areas of interest are almost anything to do with the outdoors: hiking, hunting, fishing, camping, bird watching, wildlife photography, competitive shooting, and archery.

I will happily supply more information and my resume to any requests. Please send me a private message.

Thank you,
Brent

Two ideas, [1] look around for a firm with good products and poor marketing or [2] look for work that needs done, with a beneficiary who might pay to get it done.

Jobs are hard to find, work that needs done is much easier.

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14372 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Move to Seattle and work for REI. Many jobs available in the Seattle area. Booming economy again.

The only easy day is yesterday!

Posts: 2758 | Location: Northern Minnesota | Registered: 22 September 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
As posted, shoot for a gun sales position in a big box store like Academy, Cabelas, Bass Pro Shops, etc. There you will meet corp sales reps for companies that carry firearm lines. Develop friendly relationships with them and keep your ears open for new opportunities. Work hard and get noticed. You might get quickly promoted to sporting goods manager. Alternately, you could apply with a smaller gun shop that buys direct. See if you can go on a buying trip. There you can meet all major company sales and management.
quote:
Originally posted by Brentp:
Howdy AR Friends,

Thank you,
Brent

Posts: 3672 | Location: SC,USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Attend the Shot Show in Las Vegas wouldn't hurt.