THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MISCELLANEOUS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Miscellaneous Topics    As conditions prevail whats the craziest pricing you have seen on ammo or components?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

As conditions prevail whats the craziest pricing you have seen on ammo or components? Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of cal30 1906
posted
I have been seeing some outlandish prices on 3rd party sales regarding reloading supplies and ammunition on different forums.
What have you gentlemen been seeing in the pricing department?

If it cant be Grown it has to be Mined! Devoted member of Newmont mining company Underground Mine rescue team. Carlin East,Deep Star ,Leeville,Deep Post ,Chukar and now Exodus Where next? Pete Bajo to train newbies on long hole stoping and proper blasting techniques.
Back to Exodus mine again learning teaching and operating autonomous loaders in the underground. Bringing everyday life to most individuals 8' at a time!

Posts: 3066 | Location: Northern Nevada & Northern Idaho | Registered: 09 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
From our new Shooting Range, 9mm at $32.00 a box on arrival only. They will not sell a box when you pay to leave at any price.

Posts: 13760 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal30 1906
posted Hide Post
I just saw an ad for imr 4350 at 50.00 per pound in slc.

If it cant be Grown it has to be Mined! Devoted member of Newmont mining company Underground Mine rescue team. Carlin East,Deep Star ,Leeville,Deep Post ,Chukar and now Exodus Where next? Pete Bajo to train newbies on long hole stoping and proper blasting techniques.
Back to Exodus mine again learning teaching and operating autonomous loaders in the underground. Bringing everyday life to most individuals 8' at a time!

Posts: 3066 | Location: Northern Nevada & Northern Idaho | Registered: 09 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just bought a lb. of H 4198 and paid 46. Canadian. About normal.

Grizz

When the horse has been eliminated, human life may be extended an average of five or more years.
James R. Doolitle

I think they've been misunderstood. Timothy Tredwell

Posts: 1577 | Location: Central Alberta, Canada | Registered: 20 July 2019Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
A buddy of mines son went to the Ft. Worth gun show + a guy had a 1K count of CCI SR primers priced at $400.00.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal30 1906
posted Hide Post
Crazier than the last go around.
I remember seeing bricks of .22 long rifle go for 100.00
Now I'm seeing some with asking prices of 125.00.
I really hope this doesn't last to long.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
That price gouging on 22LR really pisses me off, actually, it all does but the 22 scammers are the ones going to the stores in the AM with several family members + buying up the lot at $20.00 a brick + selling it for $100.00. Now I am all for capitalism but I draw the line at making an unfair profit by screwing your fellow shooters.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Tiresome, shortages during the Obama years, now under Trump as well (couldn't possibly have anything to do with endless wars...could it?).

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14331 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Has to do with gougers playing on people's political fears. My train of thought is this, if you reload keep enough components on hand to last X number of years, hopefully purchase before the mania starts, ( whatever you think will give you enough) until the craze is over. If you shoot factory loaded ammo, the same advise. Mind you I don't have enough components to go out and blast away ever other day but I have a comfortable stock for the shooting I do.

Dennis
Life member NRA

Posts: 1186 | Location: Ft. Morgan, CO | Registered: 15 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Local ACE Hardware store selling 9mm FMJ for $1.25 a round.

The line starts at Academy Sports at 5 AM. I think they are the same assholes who bought all of the toilet paper.

Posts: 3652 | Location: SC,USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Someone was high bidder for 1000 Federal match large rifle primers on gunbroker for $1,825.

The listings are full of new buyers and sellers that have registered within the last year.

One guy is posting single pounds of powder for over $400

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I admit to the presence of the political panic (happens every 4 years anymore) but the reality is that one would be foolish to spend that kind of money due to a "Chicken Little Complex." Smart money is buying when there is not a panic (DUH)unlike when there is blood in the water.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I admit to the presence of the political panic (happens every 4 years anymore) but the reality is that one would be foolish to spend that kind of money due to a "Chicken Little Complex." Smart money is buying when there is not a panic (DUH)unlike when there is blood in the water.

That required foresight, seems hard to come by these days.

Dave

Posts: 2086 | Location: Seattle Washington, USA | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes indeed, as there have been so many warning signs over the years.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NormanConquest:
Yes indeed, as there have been so many warning signs over the years.

I started "stocking up" 40 years ago.

Posts: 19313 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal30 1906
posted Hide Post
I believe most avid shooters have been keen on the political environment concerning arms and ammunition but I know a few who played it off and are regretting not acting sooner to stock up and are now finding ridiculous prices.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Me too p-dog. There is no paranoid reason for this. I have been reloading since the 70s because I like to hunt + shoot + frankly, I find the reloading process a very soothing hobby + the dividends are better than any other.

One of Us
Picture of lee440
posted Hide Post
Went to a local gunshow this past weekend just for laughs. 5.56 was there in abundance , obviously recent production, at $900 per K! I saw numerous vendors pricing 30/30 at $50 a box. It looked like many of them cleaned out the garage and brought any old ammo they could find in ragged boxes, half empty, with ridiculous prices on them. I saw new Ruger LCP .380's tagged for $500 and I don't think they were the laser versions. It was packed with people, but I did not see anyone buying or carrying out cases of ammo! Needless to say, I left with the same amount of money that I arrived with, Merry Christmas!

DRSS(We Band of Bubba's Div.)
N.R.A (Life)
T.S.R.A (Life)
D.S.C.

Posts: 2247 | Location: Houston, TX. | Registered: 18 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal30 1906
posted Hide Post
Lee440
And all you others, the only real way to bring pricing back to realistic prices is to not give in to the scoundrels.
You have to laugh at some of the current trends right now.
Eventually the prices will come down, till then I myself will be rationing the amount of ammo I shoot so I don't have to deal with those scalpers.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have no use for scalpers of any trade. About 13 years ago the Rolling Stones were to play in Austin @ ACL + the scalpers were lined up on the road with tickets that they had bought up + no one was buying, they had to eat them all. I loved it.

One of Us
Picture of Clayman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NormanConquest:
I have no use for scalpers of any trade. About 13 years ago the Rolling Stones were to play in Austin @ ACL + the scalpers were lined up on the road with tickets that they had bought up + no one was buying, they had to eat them all. I loved it.

Haha! clap

I'm with some others in seeing primers for $400, powder for $125/lb, and $900 for 1k of 5.56. Give me a break. I didn't buy any of that crap during the last shortage, and I damn sure am not paying for it now. It's almost as if no one remembers the first two months of this very year when those same stores and vendors almost couldn't give the stuff away. I stocked up handily, and now I can sit back and watch the lunacy unfold for a while. When the prices come down again, I'll be right there with $$ in hand to do it all over.

The gun show guys with boxes of ammo older than me priced at today's rate are the worst. Especially because I've seen them at about 30 gun shows over the years with the SAME boxes of ammo. It ain't moving, pal. Price it normally. I find greed to be a reprehensible characteristic.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Gilbertsville, PA | Registered: 08 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I do too. Besides in this product, all they are doing is screwing their fellow shooters.