THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MISCELLANEOUS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Miscellaneous Topics    Looking for a high-quality solar lighting system

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for a high-quality solar lighting system Login/Join 
one of us
posted
I'd like to put a decent light at the end of our 700-foot driveway. I'm thinking solar panel, battery charger, 12 volt battery, and lights. The little self-contained solar lights only run for a short time, if they run at all. The Harbor Freight panels look a bit cheesy.

Can anyone recommend a high-quality system? I don't mind spending a few bucks on this, especially when I think about burying 700 feet of cable.

Posts: 276 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: 16 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi JohnD,

You're right, Harbor Freight's solar lights are very inexpensive and won't last. I have bought some pretty good solar motion detector lights at Lowes or Home Depot, I don't remember which. An internet search will turn up some interesting items as well. Good luck.

Posts: 2173 | Location: NORTHWEST NEW MEXICO, USA | Registered: 05 March 2008Reply With Quote