THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MISCELLANEOUS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Miscellaneous Topics    And They Wonder No One Will Employ Them!

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

And They Wonder No One Will Employ Them! Login/Join 
Administrator
posted

Posts: 66936 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Years ago my stepdaughter wanted a tattoo on her back. I told her if she was smart she wouldn't do it but if she insisted then make it so it is covered by your clothes; someday you might want a job.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
As the owner of a retail business in a rural community I have to look at how a potential employee will affect my business.
I defend their right to be stupid, but that doesn't mean I would hire them.

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Too bad Ringling Brothers has gone out of business. May have been a home for them there.

Posts: 1230 | Location: Saugerties, New York | Registered: 12 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
It's simply painful to look at those self-devised freaks.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16368 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They are free to be shocking and free to embrace a counterculture lifestyle. Just as society is free to tell them to fukoff.

Freedom is a wonderful thing.

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I stopped at an ice cream stand years ago and the counter lady spoke to me and I couldn't understand her. Sounded like "baby talk". I looked closer when I asked for a repeat and observed she had a stainless steel dumbbell pierced in the center of her tongue. Black fingernails and tats on the hands. I turned and walked.

Posts: 3672 | Location: SC,USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That would kinda turn you off from eating there.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Pa.Frank
posted Hide Post
75 or so years ago they could have gotten jobs at a sideshow in a circus.. But they have fallen out of favor

jumping

NRA Benefactor.

Life is tough... It's even tougher when you're stupid... John Wayne

Posts: 1961 | Location: The Three Lower Counties (Delaware USA) | Registered: 13 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I see tattoos here that would not be appropriate for a bank teller; many of them are on people I'd be afraid to photograph...

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14372 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I stopped at Taco Bell yesterday for a taco + the "guy" that worked the register had long filed fingernails painted bright red. I was reluctent to take my change + damn sure lost my appetite for the taco. I have a strong stomach but this was something you would have to see to be this disgusted.

posted Hide Post
Frankly if they show up in sweat pants, pajamas, flip flops, hair not combed, holding a drink or any of the other 87 things that seem to signify that they don't care what anyone else thinks the outcome is the same for me.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NormanConquest:
I stopped at Taco Bell yesterday for a taco + the "guy" that worked the register had long filed fingernails painted bright red. I was reluctent to take my change + damn sure lost my appetite for the taco. I have a strong stomach but this was something you would have to see to be this disgusted.

the only reason to go into a Taco Bell is because you have the runs and theres no other place to let go w/in 100 miles. Taco Bell is for pot induced munchie homeless.

Posts: 1532 | Location: south of austin texas | Registered: 25 November 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was not aware of that. I have wondered though that there seems to be a large amount of blacks working at Taco Bell + a large amount of Mexicans working in the fryed chicken places. Seems kinda backward.

one of us
Picture of Pa.Frank
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NormanConquest:
I was not aware of that. I have wondered though that there seems to be a large amount of blacks working at Taco Bell + a large amount of Mexicans working in the fried chicken places. Seems kinda backward.

That's kind of a stereotypical view... At least in my area blacks don't patronize KFC and Hispanics don't patronize Taco Bell! In fact I pass by a KFC on my way to work in the hood that recently closed its doors.. That surprised me too, but it was also an eye opener.

NRA Benefactor.

Life is tough... It's even tougher when you're stupid... John Wayne

Posts: 1961 | Location: The Three Lower Counties (Delaware USA) | Registered: 13 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I live in one of the white-est states in the US.
The first time I ever went to a KFC, in a city ( of 40,000) half the crowd of 20 something folks, were black. My first thought was " holy shit, it's true!" Only eaten at a KFC 2 or 3 times in my life, so have no idea whats normal.
I wont eat at the usual run of fast food places anyway.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by theback40:
I live in one of the white-est states in the US.
The first time I ever went to a KFC, in a city ( of 40,000) half the crowd of 20 something folks, were black. My first thought was " holy shit, it's true!" Only eaten at a KFC 2 or 3 times in my life, so have no idea whats normal.
I wont eat at the usual run of fast food places anyway.

be damn glad it wasn't a POPEYES. you'd a never made it out alive.
most a the whites i ever saw growing up in west texas was my inbred cousins. you didn't speak spanish you starved cause thats all they would talk. one time in a wal mart in the 80s the clerk asked if i wanted my stuff bagged in "papel or plastico". yelled i want it in english goddammit and walked out. pulled my son off his hi school baseball team cause they refused to coach em in english. i could go on and on. all true. just because its considered a "stereotype" don't mean its not true.

Posts: 1532 | Location: south of austin texas | Registered: 25 November 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
True that. ALL stereotypes started from some semblance of fact.