THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MISCELLANEOUS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Miscellaneous Topics    Something to think about in the age of covid

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Something to think about in the age of covid Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
https://www.theatlantic.com/cu...y-minimalism/610297/

Covid probably killed minimalism Big Grin

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
I'll bet it put a dent in eharmony.com + related dating svcs as well. Cool

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Wow. I was completely unaware of the verb "tesselate."
Could it be said that a waffle is really a tesselated pancake?

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16368 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Don't worry about it too much Bill. Due to the current policy of rewriting history, language can't be far behind. Just think, we might be the last generation of Americans who remember history, how to spell, + the difference between an adverb + an adjective. Actually Bill, Do worry. I do.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Yes, me too. But, after reading that article, I seriously doubt that are but a handful of the up and coming generation that can even understand or digest it. Hell, they can't even tell you who the first President of the United States is, along with a plethora of other historical and/or current information.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NormanConquest:
I'll bet it put a dent in eharmony.com + related dating svcs as well. Cool

Actually, I’ve heard that many of the dating sites have done quite well with the singles who don’t want to ride out quarantine alone.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Actually I can believe that; Aids didn't scare folks off from having sex so why should this be any different. Besides the younger generation is by large the ones to disregard any safety precautions. UEG, Indeed. When my eldest joined the navy in 97 he told me that in basic they had kids that had never used a pencil, couldn't spell + (REALLY) couldn't tie their shoes.

One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
quote:
When my eldest joined the navy in 97 he told me that in basic they had kids that had never used a pencil, couldn't spell + (REALLY) couldn't tie their shoes.

Eeker Eeker Eeker Now, that's DAMN SCARY!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
No shit!