Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Down to Texas or Oklahoma Login/Join 
one of us
posted Hide Post
I would look at Brownwood to Alpine area. This is higher altitude and dryer. I35 from North of Ft Worth to Austin to San Antonio is too many people and water is a problem. Learn to speak Spanish west of I35 and emobonics to the East. Look for Medical Hospitals as some of these smaller towns are short of Dr's I have lived in Colorado, New Mexico , and Texas. Hunting is every where down here and costly for leases.

Posts: 965 | Location: Texas | Registered: 19 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
I looked at SEVERAL western and SW states when I went to relocate 7 years ago. Missouri was never on my radar but here I am! OPEN carry, very gun and freedom friendly. Mostly conservative. I don't need to pull a permit to build anything on my land. No one tells me what to do here. Water is plentiful and clean.

I'm in your age group, Brent. Top class medical is 3 hours to St. Louis, local to me isn't bad but serious stuff I go to Washington University/Barnes Jewish. Lots of opportunities here. Most people ranch cow/calf pairs and live well.

GOOD deer hunting, small game and fishing. State just started an elk season (draw) and black bear will be soon. Land is reasonable, if you want to be rural you can. Taxes are very low. I love it here in SWMO. Mild winters and beautiful scenery in the rolling Ozarks.

~Ann

Posts: 19127 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote