THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MISCELLANEOUS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Miscellaneous Topics    Open carry advocates......they need some common sense......
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Open carry advocates......they need some common sense...... Login/Join 
one of us
Picture of wingnut
posted Hide Post
quote:
...practicing a Constitutional Right, not violating any laws......I don't see an asterisk marked footnote in the Second Amendment that says bearing arms is only allowed if it doesn't hurt anyone's feelings, or make a bunch of pansies uncomfortable.

NO COMPROMISE !!!

"YOU MUST NEVER BE AFRAID TO DO WHAT IS RIGHT! EVEN IF YOU HAVE TO DO IT ALONE!"

Posts: 683 | Location: L A | Registered: 23 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Some people don't have any sense at all, common or otherwise.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted Hide Post
I must question who is the pansy...those who go out in public unarmed and not worried that any of their SENSIBLE neighbors will invade the local eating places festooned with weapons, or those who feel so insecure that they must go everywhere brandishing arms?

Anyone who fears people openly flaunting firearms in a place inappropriate to their use or storage is not a pansy, they're simply reacting appropriately to what may very well be a threat these days.

Or didn't you read about the incident in Goleta, CA day before yesterday?

Besides, there are NO absolute rights except the one to defend one's self. Just as you can't yell "Fire" in a theater or arena or any other crowded public place without just cause, the more I am tending to believe more & more that neither should we be able to carry a weapon openly into a place where its use or storage is not appropriate.

Besides, if you read your laws on assault and battery, "assault" is commonly defined as any act which creates serious fear for their safety in the mind or minds of the assaulted.

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of wingnut
posted Hide Post
quote:
Citizens of Texas have tried for years to convince the Texas legislature to change the law, to make it legal to open-carry holstered sidearms. They have been ignored.

They are now LEGALLY and PEACEFULLY demonstrating the absurdity of the current law, to try to bring about that change.

Gatogordo, Alberta Canuck, Kensco - are you saying that you simply prefer that these guys not legally carry openly, or are you saying that they should not be allowed to do so?

NO COMPROMISE !!!

"YOU MUST NEVER BE AFRAID TO DO WHAT IS RIGHT! EVEN IF YOU HAVE TO DO IT ALONE!"

Posts: 683 | Location: L A | Registered: 23 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
are you saying that you simply prefer that these guys not legally carry openly, or are you saying that they should not be allowed to do so?

To repeat, I think they need to use some common sense, which they obviously don't have and anyone who thinks they are helping gun owners with such incredibly stupid behavior is just as dumb as they are.

To answer more directly, I think it should be a local decision. For instance, I'm personally opposed to open carry in Houston or Dallas, but not in small rural towns where the citizens are used to a firearms culture. If the open carry crowd is so concerned with their safety that they feel they need a firearm in open carry, then get a concealed permit.

People with any sense should know which battles to fight and which to leave alone. What is the gain in open carry?

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wingnut:
quote:
Citizens of Texas have tried for years to convince the Texas legislature to change the law, to make it legal to open-carry holstered sidearms. They have been ignored.

They are now LEGALLY and PEACEFULLY demonstrating the absurdity of the current law, to try to bring about that change.

Gatogordo, Alberta Canuck, Kensco - are you saying that you simply prefer that these guys not legally carry openly, or are you saying that they should not be allowed to do so?

I can't speak for Gato, but that is EXACTLY what I am saying.

If you need to carry in places likely to have many non gun-oriented folks present, for Christ's sake get off your asses and get CCW permits! You'll have your gun handy, and the public won't get scared because they won't even know you have it. We all win that way.

You might also consider that the right to bear arms does not give the right to bear them in the commission of a crime. And Assault (causing serious fear of bodily harm or theft in another) IS a crime, whether you are arrested and charged or not.

A scared and alienated public is NOT going to support pro-gun rights over the long haul. It is that simple. And their support is far more important to gun owners than the NRA, or any of the people already singing in our gun-owners choir.

Perhaps your lack of judgment as a group is WHY your state legislature has not already authorized open carry. No legislator wants to be seen as a person catering to a bunch of mental adolescents who go around scaring the bejabbers out of voters.

What's next? A "peaceful invasion" of the legislature or one of Dallas' or Houston's most posh hotels to hold a public thumb-sucking and foot-stomping demonstration because you haven't gotten your way? To win, you need the support of the legislature, not its animosity.

And if you really want to free up gun owners, do like we did here in AZ three years ago. Get your legislature to pass a law making it legal to CARRY CONCEALED ANYWHERE except federal property WITHOUT a permit. That keeps the bad guys from knowing who's packing, the press from being able to publish the names of CCW holders (because there is effectively a state-wide permit for every adult who can legally own a gun), and the non-gunners remain in blessed ignorant bliss.

My country gal's just a moonshiner's daughter, but I love her still.

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
More Texas numb-nuts wandering around hoping to get noticed.

http://thescoopblog.dallasnews...valuate-policy.html/

They are doing us more harm than good.

Posts: 13773 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
From the article:

quote:
On Friday, a joint statement issued by Come and Take It Texas, Texas Carry, Gun Rights Across America and Open Carry Texas warned its members that at this point, they’re doing more harm than good.

“Wheras, our mission is to get open carry of handguns passed in Texas, we must once again adjust in a way that shines a positive light on our efforts, our members, and our respective organizations,” says the statement. “We have decided the prudent path, to further our goals, is to immediately cease taking long guns into corporate businesses unless invited.”

Slow thinkers and even slower learners, but even they seem to be getting the message FINALLY. Confused

xxxxxxxxxx

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gatogordo:
I am flat stating that walking up to someone's car armed and uninvited (especially soccer mom types in an urban environment) is not a way to win friends and influence people. These guys are confrontational and are not winning gun owners any friends. As my heading says, they need to develop some common sense.

I agree 100%.

We're never going back to the wild west days....unless there's an apocalypse of some sort. Jamming open carry down people's throats is a recipe for stirring the majority (who wouldn't have cared about gun control prior to seeing some idiot with a 44 long hanging from his waist at a kid's soccer game).

Posts: 2717 | Location: NH | Registered: 03 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of PaulS
posted Hide Post
The right is a right so long as it doesn't infringe on the rights and freedoms of others. You can't yell "FIRE" in a theater because it causes a panic which infringes on the rights of others. There is a big difference between "brandishing" a firearm and having one slung over your back or on your hip in a holster. As long as the person is not touching the gun it is fine. If the mere presence of a firearm makes a person gasp in fear then they need educating to the fact that guns are only dangerous when being (mis)handled or used to threaten someone.

While it is not as common as it once was the open carry of a firearm while going about one's normal routine should not be a cause for alarm at all.

My rights are not subject to a vote - not by congress or the people. They were provided by God at my birth and there is no power but God that can take them away.

I may die holding on to my rights but I will not give them up - not for your feeling of security, not for a majority vote and certainly not by force. They can have them after I am dead - the ones that are still alive.

Speer, Sierra, Lyman, Hornady, Hodgdon have reliable reloading data. You won't find it on so and so's web page.

Posts: 639 | Location: SE WA.  | Registered: 05 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PaulS:
The right is a right so long as it doesn't infringe on the rights and freedoms of others. You can't yell "FIRE" in a theater because it causes a panic which infringes on the rights of others. There is a big difference between "brandishing" a firearm and having one slung over your back or on your hip in a holster. As long as the person is not touching the gun it is fine. If the mere presence of a firearm makes a person gasp in fear then they need educating to the fact that guns are only dangerous when being (mis)handled or used to threaten someone.

While it is not as common as it once was the open carry of a firearm while going about one's normal routine should not be a cause for alarm at all.

My rights are not subject to a vote - not by congress or the people. They were provided by God at my birth and there is no power but God that can take them away.

I may die holding on to my rights but I will not give them up - not for your feeling of security, not for a majority vote and certainly not by force. They can have them after I am dead - the ones that are still alive.

I agree. It is the people that have bought into the gun demonizing tactics of barry, et al, that needs the education, not the people going about their business armed.

Aim for the exit hole

Posts: 4348 | Location: middle tenn | Registered: 09 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It's time to face reality y'all.

These ARE NOT the days of yore when open carry wasn't seen by almost everyone as a cause for alarm.

Nowadays it IS a cause for alarm for the vast majority of Americans. Whether it should be is neither here nor there. It is what it is.

And even in the "old west" it was. Why do you think so many towns had laws against wearing your guns to town...or for that matter, even having a gun in town?

You guys may fantasize a different world, but it is still a fantasy at this point in time.

Getting there requires crossing some bridges. And to cross a bridge, you have first to find or build one....one which reaches to and also serves those on the other side. Carrying concealed is a way to do that. When folks really do get used to the fact that anyone and everyone may be carrying, and that numerous lives have been actually saved in fact not just theory, then you'll have a chance to move ahead with your agendas.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:

What world do you live in? What a crock. No power but God, are you kidding me? Tell that to Californians or New York City residents, etc.

xxxxxxxxxx

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gato, I'm gonna let you take it from here.

Obviously there are two kinds of people who are incapable of learning...those who are not bright enough to learn, and those who refuse to learn. The latter include such instances as religious fanatics (like Muslims who stone their own daughters to death for "disgracing" the family). They also include those who live in a different world than 95% of society...who think their way is the only way, when in fact it doesn't even vaguely approach the realities people have to deal with every day to live together peacefully in this world.

One thing my many years living and working in the political sphere taught me is that you have to make changes slowly, building alliances along the way and that it is always a situation where shades of gray make up a more accurate picture than stark black and white.

One is forced to make haste slowly to be successful on political issues, including gun rights.

God simply isn't going to appear suddenly before us all and say "This is the way it is going to be from now on..." He gave us the abilities to learn, to analyze the circumstances, to think, and to act appropriately to further our own best interests. If we refuse to do so, we can't run hide under the deity's skirt. And we can't expect to accomplish much good in the world either that way. Not too complex, but some just can't or won't learn what's good for them in the long run.

My country gal's just a moonshiner's daughter, but I love her still.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Had children, all children, been exposed to guns and gun safety at an early age, ie 2nd or third grade in school, instead of the gun grabbers demonizing guns, there would be a totally different attitude toward guns. To begin with, you wouldn't have the mystique that is associated with guns by kids that only learn their gun knowledge on TV or video games.
Because of the hysteria generated by the media and the politicians, you have many of the current generation that are brainwashed to a point of "guns=bad". You buy into that when you try to make gun ownership into something nasty that needs to be hidden away. There's not much you can do about those folks but things can be turned around with active voting and monitoring what your kid is taught in school.
FYI, AC, your little snotty remarks and name calling pretty much shows what class of fellow you are. It's not new news however.

Aim for the exit hole

Posts: 4348 | Location: middle tenn | Registered: 09 December 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I agree with AC, I've said all that I need to say in various ways in this thread. I'll leave it with the saying that applies IMO: Ignorance can be fixed, but stupid is forever.

xxxxxxxxxx

one of us
posted Hide Post
Even the NRA thinks these people are probably shooting all of us in the foot. The so-called firearm advocates need to find another way of saying, "look at me".

http://thescoopblog.dallasnews...ownright-weird.html/

one of us
posted Hide Post
Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out......

quote:

Texas Gun Groups Threaten To Leave NRA

DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) - “I personally am an endowment lifetime member of the NRA and an inductee into the Golden Eagles program, and I will rip up my cards and burn my certificates on camera if they don’t change their stance,” said C.J. Grisham, president of Open Carry Texas.

Grisham is the leader of one of several Open Carry groups in Texas that are threatening to pull out of the National Rifle Association.
This comes after the NRA’s lobbying arm said in a statement on Friday that gun rights advocates who carry assault rifles into businesses have “crossed the line from enthusiasm to downright foolishness,” and that “carrying guns in public defies common sense.”

“We may be looking at needing new leadership in the NRA, because they are capitulating to politics,” said Texas Carry president Terry Halcomb Sr. “Those of us that know what the Second Amendment is for and believe in the Second Amendment, and know that it’s a right, are not going to accept the NRA’s position, and the NRA is going to lose members over this.”

It was just last month that Open Carry gun rights activists walked into a Chipotle restaurant in Dallas toting assault rifles, and caused a scare at a Jack in the Box after protesting outside. Similar cases have happened at Chili’s and Sonic restaurants, prompting the restaurant chains to ask that long-guns no longer be brought into their stores.

In its statement, the NRA alluded to those incidents, saying that it’s “a rare sight to see someone sidled up next to you in line for lunch with a 7.62 rifle slug across his chest, much less a whole gaggle of folks descending on the same public venue with similar arms.” The group continued, “It’s downright weird and certainly not a practical way to go normally about your business while being prepared to defend yourself.”

“I would have to question on where they’re going with this and I’m kind of concerned,” said Kory Watkins, head of Open Carry Tarrant County, which was the center of at least one of those incidents.

Grisham thinks that it is more than a coincidence that the NRA is releasing this statement just ahead of the November midterm elections. “What they’re doing is caving into a national gun control effort to denounce us, and it’s working,” said Grisham. “I’ve encouraged them to come out and see for themselves what our rallies are like instead of listening to the media narrative at the national level, and they’ve refused to do so. The NRA is really talking out of ignorance.”

Halcomb added that, if the NRA does not change its stance, the powerhouse organization will face repercussions. “If they continue this position, we will actively try to move people from the NRA to GOA or another alternative.”

xxxxxxxxxx

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PaulS:
If people are exposed to open carry of firearms on a daily basis they will become accustomed to it.

Firearms in public have my not-quite-undivided attention. I keep an eye on the person until I get some idea of what's up. Same with tough-guy knives and big dogs.

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14372 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Looks like from the comments in the DMN articles everyone is getting their backs against a wall. The NRA isn't even sure at this point what their position is. I don't care what position they take as long as it isn't "wishy-washy"; which is where they seem to be right at the moment.

Personally, I don't think walking around town with unloaded weapons makes any sense at all...and...if you feel you need to carry a loaded AK around to feel safe, you have some serious mental issues to resolve.

http://thescoopblog.dallasnews...on-from-target.html/

one of us
posted Hide Post
...and this one in Alabama took a Sheriff and City Police away from doing their normal job to get him to put his loaded 9mm back in his car before he voted. Everyone with a 3rd grade education seems to have become a Constitutional expert.

http://www.dallasnews.com/news...rm-before-voting.ece

one of us
posted Hide Post
NRA retracts open carry statement here's a couple of articles some time staffers open their mouths when they shouldn't

http://keranews.org/post/nra-says-it...otesters-weird

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2014/06...rotests/199577

http://gunwatch.blogspot.com/2014/06...lls-zumbo.html

Did NRA staffer pull a Zumbo

Cox went on to describe the NRA's official policy: "The National Rifle Association unapologetically and unflinchingly supports the right of self-defense and what that means is that our members and our supporters have a right to carry a firearm in any place they have a legal right to be. If that means open carry, we support open carry. If it means concealed carry, it means concealed carry. So unequivocally we support open carry, we've been the leader of open carry efforts across this country, the leader in opposing efforts to curtail the ability to carry firearms, and that's something we're proud of and we do every day for our members."

On May 30th, in a 1400+ word essay, an unnamed NRA-ILA writer ignited a firestorm against Second Amendment supporters in the opposition media. In a few badly chosen words near the end of the essay, the unnamed staffer gave the opposition priceless ammunition to smear open carriers. This should be a lesson to everyone to choose their words carefully. I do not know if editorial control was exercised. It is clear that the word choices were emotionally loaded and welcomed by those who desire a disarmed population.

In other words, the unnamed writer pulled a Zumbo.

Here are the offending sentences:

Let's not mince words, not only is it rare, it's downright weird and certainly not a practical way to go normally about your business while being prepared to defend yourself. To those who are not acquainted with the dubious practice of using public displays of firearms as a means to draw attention to oneself or one's cause, it can be downright scary.
The writer simply ignores the positive effect that the open carry demonstrations have had in Texas, where the open carry of modern handguns is effectively banned. Because of the demonstrations, both governor candidates have pledged to support the open carry of handguns if elected.

It was only because of successful disinformation campaigns by those opposed to the Second Amendment that the restaurant chains issued their mild half-rebukes, while still refusing to ban open carry in their restaurants. The NRA cites the Jack in the Box case, based on what amounts to a hoax. The original story that those opposed to an armed citizenry published was that the restaurant workers were so scared that they locked themselves into the cooler/freezer. Except it never happened. I do not know about the Chipotle incident. I was not there, nor have I read reports of the people who were there or have I seen video of it. But Second Amendment opponents seldom have to worry about exaggeration or outright falsehoods. Their old media allies cover for them.

The NRA-ILA writer then points a finger at open carriers, not realizing that three of his own fingers are pointing back at him:

But when people act without thinking, or without consideration for others – especially when it comes to firearms – they set the stage for further restrictions on our rights. Firearm owners face enough challenges these days; we don't need to be victims of friendly fire.
Unfortunately, the writer did exactly what he preached against. His words have become a classic case of "friendly fire" directed at one's own troops. Using words such as "weird", "dubious", and "scary" to describe a political movement that has gained a multitude of grassroots supporters and seen significant success in Texas, is particularly unwise. He could have warned about Second Amendment opponents predilection to exaggerate and use emotion. Instead, he seems to buy into his opposition's disinformation campaign.

I suspect that the writer, unnamed, will escape the Zumbo label. They ought to reflect on their near miss, and exercise better judgment in the future.

©2014 by Dean Weingarten: Permission to share is granted when this notice is included.
Link to Gun Watch

Update: NRA says criticism of open carriers was a mistake:

Posting the criticism "was a mistake," he said. "It shouldn’t have happened. I’ve had a discussion with the staffer who wrote that piece and expressed his personal opinion. Our job is not to criticize the lawful behavior of fellow gun owners. Our job is to effectuate policy changes that expands and protects our members’ right to self-defense."

Posted by Dean Weingarten at 6/04/2014 09:35:00 PM No comments: Links to this post

Posts: 19361 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This open carry demonstrations are absolutely stupid.

Lets assume these assault weapons are just tools no different that a shovel.

Do you really want to go to a Chipotle and eat your beef or chicken rice bowl with a bunch of guys and gals bringing in their shovels ?

For all the ranting and raving we often like to do about our second amendment rights. These business also have property rights and they can tell no guns just as rightfully as saying shirt and shoes required.

Alternatively, first amendment gives one the right to read a lot of offensive things. Should one be able to read/view hustler magazine at chick fila. Does chick fila not have the right to kick you out?

All this does is shoot discreet conceal carry rights and privileges away.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Really we have more states with CCW privileges then ever, we have more state with shall issue, More states that allow open carry, and more states with constitutional carry then ever before.

More states have been loosening their laws the restricting them.

So how is the open carry movement hurting us.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Here's a case of open carry this morning from Canada.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/05/...index.html?hpt=hp_t1

I guess the three officers weren't able to determine "intent", and allowed him to fire first. Very sad. I don't want to walk down the street, or eat at a restaurant, and have to keep guessing whether the guy approaching me with a long gun is about to change his "intent".

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by p dog shooter:
quote:

Really we have more states with CCW privileges then ever, we have more state with shall issue, More states that allow open carry, and more states with constitutional carry then ever before.

More states have been loosening their laws the restricting them.

Cause it simply results in businesses and more commercial establishment to adopt a no guns on their premises policy. That policy will not discriminate between a concealed weapon and an open carry.

One will have concealed weapons rights and no place other than ones own property or ones friends to take guns too, if these retards keep carrying AK and AR with 30 rounds clips on their backs into every business.

The second amendment is not an absolute right - there are no absolute rights. The business owner has the perfect right to says no guns allowed. Open carry nuts can take their business elsewhere. The problem is that these nuts are going to force business into adopting anti gun policies on their premises.

I just see these open carry nuts as bullies. They want to act tough and try and intimidate people by strapping a AK or AR with a 30 round clip and walking around Target. Trying doing that at a gun shop or cabelas or bass pro. Walk into a gun shop in Texas with an AK or AR strapped on their back and browse through the t-shirt collection. Lets see how long that lasts before the owner/manager/employee draws a gun, calls the police, kicks the open carry nut out.

This is stupid behavior and will result in some one getting shot either intentionally, by accident or if other armed concealed weapons carriers mis-judge intentions.

If you walk around a damn gun range the way these idiots are walking around Target or starbucks there would be hell to pay.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:

I said I was done, but I'm going to answer this one more time and try to be polite.

I am speaking of the "open carry" (OC) movement in Texas, which is the one I have the most knowledge of. The Tx OC proponents are CREATING anti-gunners by their ridiculous behavior, specifically walking into restaurants and other venues, often unannounced, and scaring the bejebbers out of both customers, and owners/staff. You don't win friends and influence people by such behavior, AND, in the long run, these people who are being disturbed by the OC crowd will HURT our 2nd A. rights. I am amazed that the OC proponents don't understand this and hold their demonstrations on public ground and stay the hell away from citizens going about their daily lives. In spite of the fact that the NRA is backing down on their supposedly "unauthorized" press release on Tx OC actions, it was completely accurate.

xxxxxxxxxx

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Cause it simply results in businesses and more commercial establishment to adopt a no guns on their premises policy. That policy will not discriminate between a concealed weapon and an open carry

Really can you cit areas where this is happening over the years more and more signs have been coming down instead of going up.

What we seen the longer a state has had CCW or open carry more and more signs have come down then up.

Remember these places have not banned guns or put up signs they have just asked that you not carry. Not the same as banning them.

One of Us
Picture of tanks
posted Hide Post
Well, Starbucks is one that has changed its policy for one.

Posts: 1083 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: 01 January 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Cause it simply results in businesses and more commercial establishment to adopt a no guns on their premises policy. That policy will not discriminate between a concealed weapon and an open carry

Really can you cit areas where this is happening over the years more and more signs have been coming down instead of going up.

What we seen the longer a state has had CCW or open carry more and more signs have come down then up.

Remember these places have not banned guns or put up signs they have just asked that you not carry. Not the same as banning them.

Starbucks

Sonic

Target to follow

Wait till the idiots walk into walmart or costco or the local mall.

If you really think these idiots in texas are helping gun rights then you must also think that because there is a picture of obama shooting a shotgun he is pro gun rights.

We live in a marketing world where the gun and gun lobbying industry constantly raises fear of obama and democrats - my biggest fear is idiots like the ones in texas. The average american who has become more pro gun rights may be totally put off. I am and i own a dozen or so ar ak fn platform guns.

Mike

one of us
posted Hide Post
Nope star bucks hasn't posted they came out with a lame type wishy washy statement.

Chili’s and Sonic became the latest national chains to wade into the gun debate on Friday, announcing in apparently coordinated statements that firearms are no longer welcome in their restaurants.

In separate statements to The Huffington Post, the companies said that they were asking customers not to openly carry firearms in their eateries, following a similar move by Chipotle earlier this month.

“We recognize that the open carry of firearms creates an uncomfortable atmosphere and is not permitted under many local liquor laws,” Ashley Johnson, a spokeswoman for Chili's' parent company, Brinker International, said in an email. “So, we kindly ask that guests refrain from openly carrying firearms into our restaurants and we will continue to follow state and local laws on this issue.”

Another lame statement they haven't ban them said they well continue to follow state ad local laws.

Well in lot of states they are allow to be carried

They haven't posted nor banned them

It is really the anti's using false statements and the old liberal media to try and bully this restaurants into banning guns.

Try getting your news some place else then the old liberal media.

We have passed more pro gun, pro carry legislation in more states and more places then restrictions.

And it is not by sitting back hoping things well change.

We tried compromise we tried being nice and we kept losing we went on the attack and we have been winning.

one of us
posted Hide Post
So a polite and perfectly understandable request by a privately owned business to not open carry on their premises is not good enough for you and other open carry proponents, finding it "wishy washy". Keep it up and the "wishy washy" will vanish in a hurry. I'm glad you're in Wisconsin, we've got enough idiots that think like you do in Texas already.

Why aren't you driving around with all that open carry in Wisconsin with a gun next to you in your car?

xxxxxxxxxx

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Why aren't you driving around with all that open carry in Wisconsin with a gun next to you in your car?xxxxxxxxxx

I do so every day perfectly legal here never had a problem. One never knows when one might see a yote that needs to be shot.

See that another win for gun owners we did away with are stupide law saying are long guns have to be enclosed with in a case now I just put them on the seat besides me and drive around.

Some times I just hang my AR by the tact sling off the back of the seat.

Here's some interesting stories the top one from my home town.

The 2nd one is about a sign campaign that failed.

The 3rd is about getting an illegal ordinance off the books.

The 4th is out of Idaho saying how open carry is boring now as no one says anything any more

All wins because we pushed and didn't back down

http://gunwatch.blogspot.com/2...ry-at-mcdonalds.html

http://gunwatch.blogspot.com/2...ctory-picnic-in.html

http://gunwatch.blogspot.com/2...rry-not-popular.html

http://forum.opencarry.org/for...1731-Idaho-is-boring

We are winning put if you still insist on listening to the media campaign driven by paid professional media people. Back my Bloomberg's paid staffers.

You well believe that we are losing when in fact we are winning all over the country.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
If one seriously believes that the Texas Open carry crowd is helping gun rights they also believe in the tooth fairy.

If these nut jobs go to every retailer, restaurant, fast food joint, public mall and other commercial businesses they will force upon these for profit business a blunt choice. Do they want to serve normal americans who spend slightly more than they have, like their food sweet and salty and are slightly overweight. Or they want to serve a minority of people who think they need to have a AR or AK with a 30 round clip strapped to them at all time.

These idiots in Texas represent less than 99.99% of average americans and I would guess less than 98-99% of gun owners. If they force their stupid unsafe gun handling on people just going about their daily lives there will be backlash. Try following the NRA gun safety rules http://training.nra.org/nra-gun-safety-rules.aspx with an AR strapped to their back as they eat at chipotle.

We still live in a country with private property rights - target, starbucks and soon to be nearly every retailer if this stupidity continues will simply ask people with guns not to come into their stores.

Would be really cool if they would allow these retards to lug their assault rifles around on the condition the store employees could make them non operational by putting on them a lock or taking out the firing mechanism. its the retailers business premise they can restrict activity they don't approve off.

These idiots are Bloomberg's wet dream. And I know Bloomberg and his media empire - I pay him $2400 a month for a terminal for my company.

Mike

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
We still live in a country with private property rights - target, starbucks and soon to be nearly every retailer if this stupidity continues will simply ask people with guns not to come into their stores.

Really it isn't and hasn't happen in states that have allowed this for decades.

Keep believing what Nanny Bloomberg is pushing if you want but it isn't so.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Really it isn't and hasn't happen in states that have allowed this for decades.

Keep believing what Nanny Bloomberg is pushing if you want but it isn't so.

http://bearingarms.com/police-...fore-being-released/

This is what is happening in your great state.

This is sounding more like a conversation on the political forum and I am out.

If you can get 10 of our liked mined defenders of life, liberty, 2nd amendment and the american way to strap on some ar and ak and walk into

(1) local wal mart
(2) costco
(3) local grocery store

Post some pictures on AR of the great american gun carry for freedom in Wisconsin.

Till then I am going to say life must be all swell in the alternative universe blog reading media world. Hell in that world you have already done this and were invite to carry your guns at the next costco and walmart shareholder meeting that was moved to Wisconsin to feel safe with their open carry laws.

Mike

one of us
posted Hide Post
This case is working it way through the courts as we speak. I for see a monetary settlement in the future for the carriers involved has happen in several other cases here.

Madison settles lawsuit brought by the 'Culver's Five' in open carry incident
Joe Tarr on Tuesday 12/20/2011 3:42 pm

Madison announced today that it has settled a lawsuit brought by five men who openly carried handguns in a Culver's restaurant last September for a total of $10,000

http://gunwatch.blogspot.com/2...-approves-47500.html

One case brought by Wisconsin Carry recently was settled for a payment of $7,500. Krysta Sutterfield had sued Brookfield after officers arrested her as she was leaving a service at a church while wearing her holstered handgun. Brad Schimel, Waukesha County's prosecuting attorney, decided not to file charges, and Sutterfield and Wisconsin Carry sued.

Clark told WND an earlier case was settled for $10,000. That involved the city of Racine and an arrest there. Further, Clark said, at least two other cases already are pending, including one over the "Madison Five," who were carrying while they were enjoying a dinner out one evening. A woman called police, and after she was told it was a legal activity in the state, declined to pursue it. Police came anyway and gave the five citations.

More this time from Mi

http://gunwatch.blogspot.com/2...ducated-on-open.html

In 2009, a similar situation occurred to Mr. Haman, in Warren, Michigan. Another lawsuit resulted in a $5,000 settlement for Mr. Haman, and training for Warren police officers.

Fall out from the Appleton case

http://gunwatch.blogspot.com/2...-in-fond-du-lac.html

The open carry of rifles appears to be having the effect desired by second amendment supporters

one of us
posted Hide Post
Sounds like no shortage of idiots in Wisconsin either. The "bearing arms" police-bashing article doesn't even have a person willing to attach his name to the comments.

The police were totally justified in responding to calls by concerned citizens, and if some screwball, pseudo-patriot, keeps trying to stick a camera in my face while I'm dealing with him, I'll put him on the ground and cuff him.

In my lifetime it has never been "cool", or courteous to open-carry even if you legally could. Can you imagine all the deer hunters during season walking into stores carrying their firearms, as if they might spook a big buck out of the underwear aisle at J.C. Penney's? You didn't pull into 7-11 to get gas and a Slushy with your .270 slung over your shoulder. You were taught when you were a kid how to handle a firearm safely, and when & where it was appropriate to have and handle one.

The current crop of open-carry advocates aren't protecting anyone's Rights, Freedom, or Liberty. They are just showing their ignorance, lack of judgment as parents, poor upbringing by their own parents, and their unfulfilled desire to feel important.

I won't support businesses or organizations that support open-carry, and will vote against politicians who grovel for their votes.

Common sense isn't near as common as it used to be.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Sounds like no shortage of idiots in Wisconsin either.

Yes there is the ones who are willing to spend tens of thousands of dollars of tax payers money to correct their mistakes. Are high on the list.

one of us
posted Hide Post