Find
Notify
Tools

Ideas for L/Size Wolf
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of starchild69
posted
Hey Guys, Id like some ideas for a L/Size wolf I need to do. Big black male, should look good. I cant decide on any of the usual forms, anyone got some good Ideas??
Thanks Cam

Posts: 26 | Location: East Gippsland,STH EAST AUSTRALIA | Registered: 14 April 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Sevens
posted Hide Post
Although not everyone's cup of tea, I have always enjoyed the wolf (and bear) mounts showing the animal reacting to stepping in a bear-trap. I don't have any photos, but it makes for a unique mount.

If you died tomorrow, what would you have done today ...

2018 Zimbabwe - Tuskless w/ Nengasha Safaris
2011 Mozambique - Buffalo w/ Mashambanzou Safaris

Posts: 2789 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 27 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
An old friend of mine used to have a jet black wolf in his office...just standing there, it was huge, if you get the eyes done right, thats all you need in my opinion, it will speak for itself...I wouldn't do any type of action...just a 1000yd stare!

Posts: 725 | Location: Texas | Registered: 05 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of oakman
posted Hide Post
have action--running,leaping,etc..,and put something else in the scene--live or dead critter,old skull,etc.. I always try to talk the client into an action pose , you should be happy with it for you have to look at it a lot but some just want it just standing there. it's just how much room you want to take up..... patriot

www.african-montana-taxidermy.com

life member of SCI
life member of NRA
NTA
Master Scorer SCI
Scorer for Rowland Ward

www.african-montana-taxidermy.com

Posts: 241 | Location: Montana USA | Registered: 01 September 2008Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Here is one of two wolves I shot in Alaska.
Philip Spucy of Libby Montana did the mount.