THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM TAXIDERMY FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Taxidermy    Crocodile Head From The Hunting Of The Late Prince Philip Will Be Auctioned

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Crocodile Head From The Hunting Of The Late Prince Philip Will Be Auctioned
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
https://voi.id/en/news/46316/t...ip-will-be-auctioned

The Crocodile Head From The Hunting Of The Late Prince Philip Will Be Auctioned

24 Apr 2021 20:59 | Editorial Team

JAKARTA - A preserved crocodile head from Prince Philip is ready to be auctioned off. The collection of the late husband of Queen Elizabeth II will be auctioned with prices starting from 10 thousand United States dollars.

The crocodile relic, about 60 years old, is currently held by Susanna Clark, a resident of Napier, New Zealand. He inherited it from his grandfather Sir Percy Wyn-Harris, who hunted the crocodile directly with Prince Philip.

Over the years, the crocodile's head has been on display at Susanna Clark's home. In fact, it is sometimes used as a decoration for the center of the dining table at a dinner party.

However, since Prince Philip's death on April 9, Susanna decided to sell it by auction at TradeMe, so that the British aristocrats could have a rare historical relic.

'I have three children, to whom should I choose to give this famous crocodile head? This is a difficult choice, "he said, launching Stuff, Thursday, February 22.

"They are all young and in their 30s, starting their lives, and I think financial assistance will be more beneficial for them, than having a crocodile head as the center of attention for their dining table," he added.

Susanna Clark confessed to asking her family for permission to auction off the crocodile head, which is believed to be bought by a British Royal family devotee. In addition, the decision was taken after his brother Wyn-Harris revealed about his grandfather's friendship with Prince Philip, including about crocodiles, in an interview.

This mother of three children does not question whether the crocodile's head will be bought or not. However, he would keep it if nothing could meet the set price.

To note, Sir Percy, a British yachtsman and climber of Mount Everest, served as Governor of Gambia for the Colonial Service in Africa.

During Prince Phillip's first royal visit to an African country in 1957, the two quickly bonded and bonded. On one occasion taking a small boat up the Gambia River, they took the time to pursue their hobby of shooting at the targets of several crocodiles.

The British Royal Family then gave one of the heads of the beast to Sir Percy as their memory, with the note, 'shot by His Majesty Prince Philip' under his jaw. When Sir Percy warfat, the crocodile's head was passed on to Susanna as her son.

Meanwhile, Susanna's brother, Stece Wyn-Harris added, his grandfather and Prince Philip formed a friendship with Sir Percy, then traveled the world, helping the kingdom to establish The Duke of Edinburgh Award.

"I think Prince Philip was attracted to my grandfather, who was an adventurer with enough experience," he said.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9348 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just searched the Trade Me site for a listing of this item.
Nothing came up. Either already sold or maybe not listed yet.
Is it a scam ? Who knows, but some dishonest folks wanting to milk some suckers can be quite inventive.

Hunting.... it's not everything, it's the only thing.

Posts: 1992 | Location: New Zealand's North Island | Registered: 13 November 2014Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
https://www.trademe.co.nz/anti...96d9b598c46aa655-001

Final bid was $13,500, reserve of $20,000 not met.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9348 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post

$ 20k reserve on a dry lizard head - even if HRH did shoot it, thats a whopping price to pay !

Looks like its back on the dining room table for now rotflmo

"Up the ladders and down the snakes!"

Posts: 2253 | Location: South Africa & Europe | Registered: 10 February 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Charlie64:

$ 20k reserve on a dry lizard head - even if HRH did shoot it, thats a whopping price to pay !

Looks like its back on the dining room table for now rotflmo

https://www.homedepot.ca/produ...ator-head/1000794421

Grizz

When the horse has been eliminated, human life may be extended an average of five or more years.
James R. Doolitle

I think they've been misunderstood. Timothy Tredwell

Posts: 1577 | Location: Central Alberta, Canada | Registered: 20 July 2019Reply With Quote