THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM TAXIDERMY FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Taxidermy    Inside the Namibian Taxidermy Factory

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Inside the Namibian Taxidermy Factory
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
https://www.thesun.ie/news/309...-for-trophy-hunters/

Numerous photos and story in article.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9361 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
"Price to actually hunt the creatures vary – with farmers charging over £6,000 to shoot a rhino, for example"

Well yes, +£30,000 is more than £6,000 so this checks out...

Posts: 247 | Location: Anchorage, AK | Registered: 14 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I saw no "stuffed animals", only taxidermy in various stages of completion. I also saw numerous native folks gainfully employed. Is this a problem for those who would rather picture every African person on the continent living in abject poverty, waiting for their bowl of corn mealies from a UN truck?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Several funny things.....
1) several references that "Taxidermy is Legal in Namibia" as if it's not legal in many "first world" areas
2) they apparently have "Alligators" in Namibia now
3) there was a finished "leopard" ready for shipment which was, you guessed it...a Cheetah ( which is actually understandable)
4) yes, you can pay over 6k in the Queens money to shoot a Rhino...if they were that cheap many people would be on a plane the n Ct day.

It's always interesting to see all the pics

Posts: 931 | Location: Music City USA | Registered: 09 April 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
that wasn't biased.

Posts: 4969 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gracedog:
I saw no "stuffed animals", only taxidermy in various stages of completion. I also saw numerous native folks gainfully employed. Is this a problem for those who would rather picture every African person on the continent living in abject poverty, waiting for their bowl of corn mealies from a UN truck?

dividing up the meat – which is all regarded as a delicacy,

Nothing wrong there either.

Grizz

Indeed, no human being has yet lived under conditions which, considering the prevailing climates of the past, can be regarded as normal. John E Pfeiffer, The Emergence of Man

Those who can't skin, can hold a leg. Abraham Lincoln

Only one war at a time. Abe Again.

Posts: 4211 | Location: Alta. Canada | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Pretty sure that's the shop we used. I remember a pickup truck parked in the lot with a BASS bumper sticker.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16364 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Huvius
posted Hide Post
Wonder where they came up with the Grizzly Bear.

Posts: 3239 | Location: Colorado U.S.A. | Registered: 24 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'd love to shoot a few of those cheap Namibian alligators price by the metre. I also wouldn't mind a couple or three of those 6K rhinos.

analog_peninsula
-----------------------

It takes character to withstand the rigors of indolence.

Posts: 1580 | Location: Dallas, Tx | Registered: 02 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Slider
posted Hide Post
I'd pay 10K for one of those Rhino's if I could go first!!!

Posts: 2328 | Location: East Wenatchee | Registered: 18 August 2008Reply With Quote