THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM TAXIDERMY FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Taxidermy    Mounting elephant ear paintings

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mounting elephant ear paintings
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have recently received my two elephant ears that I had tanned and then painted by Sue Tabor in Harare. She did an awesome job-one is a buffalo and other an ele. I am researching my options on how to display them. I would prefer to hang them on the wall. I have had two ideas presented to me. One is to apply felt backing and then hang them. The other is to glue them to a piece of Masonite and hang them. Any opinions on these or other ideas would be much appreciated.

"Never, ever, book a hunt with Jeri Booth or Detail Company Adventures"

Posts: 482 | Location: San Antonio, Texas | Registered: 09 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
do a search in this forum for robert utne - take a look at his work - and then contact him

Posts: 13440 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Robert Utne did mine and put it on some kind of fiberglass backing, very light, ready to hang. I think the felt would be a dust catcher.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
This is how I had mine done

Posts: 41766 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
JTEX
That is a really cool ear/painting.

NRA Patron member

Posts: 2634 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 08 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
JTEX, that is one of the best I've ever seen.

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4779 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have not figured out what to do with mine when it arrives.

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
George, Rich's mom Sue did a PHENOMENAL job on my ears with her paintings.

"Never, ever, book a hunt with Jeri Booth or Detail Company Adventures"

Posts: 482 | Location: San Antonio, Texas | Registered: 09 November 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drj:
George, Rich's mom Sue did a PHENOMENAL job on my ears with her paintings.

They must have turned out really nice.
I was thinking of possibly using the ear for a table top.I'll have to find a taxidermist in Canada who could do such work.

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote