New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tannery For Ele Skin
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Can I use any local tannery or do I need a special one? If so can anyone recommend one in Canada?

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
George:

I had a bunch tanned. I will check but I think they sent it to the same tannery they use for everything.

Posts: 11909 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jerry Huffaker
posted Hide Post
Contact Brian Dobson in edmonton, he can help you

Jerry Huffaker
State, National and World Champion Taxidermist
Huffaker Taxidermy Studio
huftax@sbcglobal.net
http://huffakertaxidermy.com/

Posts: 2006 | Location: Abilene,TX USA | Registered: 27 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Kyler Hamann
posted Hide Post
When I asked around about this several sources recommended Specialty Leather.

They did a great job on several panels for me. In fact, many years later, after I'd been using a gun case made out of the leather, they still stood by their work. I got some spots on the case which, as I told them, was probably my fault for exposing the case to some bushes, but they offered to re-dye the case for free. They even sent me photos of the work in progress to make sure I was happy.

Great people to work with.

Posts: 2503 | Location: Central Coast of CA | Registered: 10 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kyler Hamann:
When I asked around about this several sources recommended Specialty Leather.

They did a great job on several panels for me. In fact, many years later, after I'd been using a gun case made out of the leather, they still stood by their work. I got some spots on the case which, as I told them, was probably my fault for exposing the case to some bushes, but they offered to re-dye the case for free. They even sent me photos of the work in progress to make sure I was happy.

Great people to work with.

I checked out their web site and it looks like they do good work.Unfortunately I doubt I can send the skins over there.I think I might run into issues by sending ele hide to the US.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
George,

I got mine tanned in Winnipeg by International Fur Dressers

Posts: 133 | Location: Eskimo Point - CANADA | Registered: 23 January 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Joe Savikataaq Jr:
George,

I got mine tanned in Winnipeg by International Fur Dressers

Joe,big thanks!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
On a related topic. I have an old elephant ear in my garage. It was salted and dried and then shipped to the USA. This was back in 2003. I wonder if the raw ear is still good and can be tanned?

Anyone know?

Thanks.

BH63

Hunting buff is better than sex!

Posts: 2205 | Registered: 29 December 2015Reply With Quote