New
Find
Notify
Tools

Oryx mounts?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I'm looking for photos of oryx mounts. Does anyone have a website or personal photo that can be emailed to me of an Oryx shoulder mount?

My gemsbok's hide is cut cape style for a possible shoulder mount. My living room only has 8 foot ceilings, but I'd love to get and his 36 inch horns in there.

I'm willing to let my kudu and impala be the usual mount in the standard pose, but I think the oryx should be something a little different.

Thanks for your help!

Posts: 345 | Location: NY | Registered: 01 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bo-n-aro
posted Hide Post
I dont have a picture handy to post at this time, but I used a McKenzie Taxidermy Supply form, No. GM-71, to mount one for a customer. It has a 90 degree turn on the head. The horns sweep back parallel to the wall and makes a really striking pose. One hint, dont hang it close to a corner, that it would be looking into. Its best to have it turned looking "into" the room.
Check out Mckenzie's web page and do a search on GM-71.

Posts: 594 | Location: Plano Texas | Registered: 15 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Here ae a couple links to the Mckenzie site

http://www.mckenziesp.com/

Search the online store at
http://www.mckenziesp.com/taxid_store/
for:
Oryx
Gemsbok
as seperate searches

Posts: 1525 | Location: Hilliard Oh USA | Registered: 17 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm going to pedestal mount mine. No height issue.

I've got a digital photo I think of three or four mounted gemsbok. I'll look for it and put it on this site.

Posts: 13773 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of cchunter
posted Hide Post
I would follow Kensco advice if I had problem with the height. I have seen some great photos on pediestal mounts of Oryx and Kudu. Unfortunaly I have no link at the moment.

Posts: 2121 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 08 May 2002Reply With Quote