New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mount Sizes
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Would someone be willing to measure their Kudu shoulder mount and give me an idea of what the total vertical wall requirements are. Basically, what's the distance from the base of the mount to the tip of the horns? We're doing some remodeling, and I want to make sure I leave myself enough room!

Michael

Posts: 160 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 28 September 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of eric 98
posted Hide Post
Mine measures 78" horn tip to base of neck. Give yourself at least 72" vertical height to play with.

Posts: 287 | Location: Florida USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve
posted Hide Post
Mike,

Mine measures 62" from tip of the horn to the base. It's only a 50" incher so that may be why mine is so much shorter than Eric's. It also goes 40" from the tip of the nose to the wall.

Since your remodeling you might want to think about reinforcing the wall with some plywood. I went to the Jullian (sp?) and Sons seminar at the SCI convention last Winter and they suggested .5" plywood, if I remember correctly. That way your not a slave the the wall studs when you go to hang your trophies. I wish I'd have done that.

Take Care,

-Steve

[ 08-06-2002, 05:32: Message edited by: Steve ]

Posts: 2781 | Location: Hillsboro, Or-Y-Gun (Oregon), U.S.A. | Registered: 22 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
Steve,

Nice tip on the plywood, thanks!

Posts: 4779 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks to everyone for their information and suggestions. It has all been passed on to my builder...

Posts: 160 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 28 September 2000Reply With Quote