THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM TAXIDERMY FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Taxidermy    looking for a good taxidermist in new mexico

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

looking for a good taxidermist in new mexico
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have an oryx and elk hunt booked and if successful would like to do a shoulder mount. I live in santa fe and hunts take place at white sands and unit 34. I would like a good taxidermist to do the work. Any have any suggestions?

Posts: 521 | Registered: 30 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've never had taxidermy done by these guys but they did prepare a trophy for shipping for me that I hunted in Texas. They did a great job and were very good to deal with ( I dealt with Bernardo ).
I don't know if their location is convenient enough for you but you might like to check them out.
https://www.facebook.com/norzaga1/
Good luck.

Hunting.... it's not everything, it's the only thing.

Posts: 1992 | Location: New Zealand's North Island | Registered: 13 November 2014Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jerry Huffaker
posted Hide Post
Paul and Vincent Gallegos in Santa Fe as good as they get

http://imperialtaxidermynm.com/

Jerry Huffaker
State, National and World Champion Taxidermist
Huffaker Taxidermy Studio
huftax@sbcglobal.net
http://huffakertaxidermy.com/

Posts: 2006 | Location: Abilene,TX USA | Registered: 27 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I actually just checked out there shop yesterday and they had some pretty high quality stuff. They even gave me some tips on my oryx hunt on range. Seemed like pretty cool guys.

One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
Where is your hunt? If it is in 34 or one of the Gila units, I'd recommend Robert Major of Major Taxidermy in Las Cruces.

He has my Barbary Ram from February.

Big shop, takes about a year but good work. He has about 5-7 guys working for him, reminded me of a smaller scale version of a Namibia Taxidermy studio.

Posts: 7763 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes its unit 34. I'll check them out.

one of us
Picture of DesertRam
posted Hide Post
I'd second Major Wildlife Studio. I've been using Robert since he started. He was good then and is only better now. His shop has done at least a dozen different mounts for my family, all great. He specializes in oryx too; probably does hundreds per year.

Gramms Taxidermy in Alamogordo just did an orxy Euro mount for my daughter. It turned out very nice and turnaround was very fast. That was quite convenient because he was set up at the WSMR gate. We just dropped the head off with him on the way out and a few weeks later he called me to come get it. I am not familiar with his shoulder mounts, but the displays at the WSMR gate looked pretty good.

Posts: 3291 | Location: Southern NM USA | Registered: 01 October 2002Reply With Quote