THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM TAXIDERMY FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Taxidermy    Tannery in or near MN to tan back skins without the hair

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tannery in or near MN to tan back skins without the hair
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of crl
posted
I have a buffalo and eland back skin that I would like to tan without the hair on. The taxidermist tells me the tannery he uses will not do this type of tanning. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Crl

The average man's love of liberty is nine-tenths imaginary. It takes a special sort of man to understand and enjoy liberty; and he is usually an outlaw in democratic societies.

Posts: 379 | Location: MN | Registered: 29 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Oday450
posted Hide Post
Check Specialty Leather Processors in Boone, Iowa. Grafton Cromwell put me in touch with them to do a Cape buffalo backskin. I was happily surprised at the reasonable cost.

Specialty Leather

"Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult."

Posts: 1313 | Location: The People's Republic of Maryland, USA | Registered: 05 August 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of crl
posted Hide Post
Thanks so much. I will give them a call.

crl

The average man's love of liberty is nine-tenths imaginary. It takes a special sort of man to understand and enjoy liberty; and he is usually an outlaw in democratic societies.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
uber tanning in owatonna

Posts: 13439 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of crl
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by butchloc:
uber tanning in owatonna

Thanks. I called them and was surprised that they were $6.00 per square foot cheaper than Specialty Leather. I had completely forgotten about Uber. Skins will be on their way this week.

Clark

One of Us
posted Hide Post
nother thing - uber is tied in with a couple other outfits now and if you want something made between all of them they will do it. good friend just had a guncase made from a piece of my ele leather and a hung of a bison he had shot. nice work too

Posts: 13439 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Got a URL for them? I still have a back half of Cape Buffalo that needs finished.

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
no but the full name is uber tanning co tele #507-451 1990