THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM TAXIDERMY FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Taxidermy    Best and the worst in Limpopo South Africa

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best and the worst in Limpopo South Africa
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I offer this info from my own experience to help hunters headed to South Africa.

You live with your trophies for a long time.

!. I have found Bulls Eye Taxidermey to be very good. Professional to deal with, they have excellent craftsmanship and presentation. I have wonderful trophies from them that I enjoy looking at every day.

2. I had a terrible time with Trophex. Problems included switching record class Kudu horns with lesser horns and damaged hides. (Pictures to prove it.) I have to look at their awful work in my home every day.

Both of thes Taxidermist's work cost the same.
Brian

IHMSA BC Provincial Champion and Perfect 40 Score, Unlimited Category, AAA Class.

Posts: 3336 | Location: Kamloops, BC | Registered: 09 November 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I used Highveld and I am extremely happy with their work.

Idahosharpshooter used Trophex you might pm him to see about his mounts

quote:
Originally posted by Brian Canada:
I offer this info from my own experience to help hunters headed to South Africa.

You live with your trophies for a long time.

!. I have found Bulls Eye Taxidermey to be very good. Professional to deal with, they have excellent craftsmanship and presentation. I have wonderful trophies from them that I enjoy looking at every day.

2. I had a terrible time with Trophex. Problems included switching record class Kudu horns with lesser horns and damaged hides. (Pictures to prove it.) I have to look at their awful work in my home every day.

Both of thes Taxidermist's work cost the same.
Brian

Posts: 1464 | Location: Southwestern Idaho, USA!!!! | Registered: 29 March 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have heard good things about Highveld,
I'm thankful that nobody as over-reacted to my negative post about Trophex.
I am just passing in information from my own experience to help other travelling hunters. Brian

IHMSA BC Provincial Champion and Perfect 40 Score, Unlimited Category, AAA Class.

Posts: 3336 | Location: Kamloops, BC | Registered: 09 November 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I recently used Bullseye. I am very happy with their work. I'll see if I can post some pictures.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, Poeple who see my trophies which are done by three different Taxidermist, Agree that the Bullseye's work "comes to life" and "look real."
Both the crafstmanship and the presentation/art of Bullseye's work is superior, as far as I can see.
Bullseye is very professional to deal with as well. Brian

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have had trophies from two trips to RSA mounted by Trophex. They came out perfect, and I had no issues.

After hearing a horror story or two about other shops, I made a deal with my PH. We measured everything, and Trophex signed a contract with that information on it. I sent the money for the work to my PH when the work was done, and he went over to check on it. It met with his approval, he paid them, and watched the crating take place.

It may have helped that my PH's younger brother went to University with one of the owner's sons.
He drove to camp and we had a chat over a few Gin&tonics.

I plan to use them again...

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hello Idaho Sharpshooter, That is a good idea to get the PH to oversee the taxidermist in South Africa.

In my limited experience Trophex needs watching. ( I am still sore about them pinching my son's beautiful Kudu horns and damaging my Zebra hide. grrrr.)

The high quality, honest taxidermists cost the same as the bad ones.

Just trying to help the first timers to South Africa. Brian

One of Us
posted Hide Post
No animus here. I can understand your feelings.

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Idaho Sharpsshooter. Thanks for your kind words. Brian