THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM TAXIDERMY FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Taxidermy    Kamchatka bear full mount cost and advice

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kamchatka bear full mount cost and advice
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
After hearing what the taxidermist in Italy wanted for a brown bear full mount, and more importantly after seeing the quality of the work I am thinking of getting it done in the US and shipped all the way over here...It might cost less!!!
Can anyone here tell me what I should expect to pay for a big brown bear full mount and what it would weigh so I can find out about the shipping costs.
Thanks.

...I feel sorry for people who don't drink.
When they wake up they know that's as good as they're going to feel all day.

Posts: 2283 | Location: Aussie in Italy | Registered: 20 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mate,HAve you thought about sending it back to Aussie to get it done??If not why don't you e-mail Garry Peg at south pacific taxidermy and see what he has to say.info@southpacifictaxidermy.com it might be another option and he does bloody good bears.cheers jon

Posts: 896 | Location: Langwarrin,Australia | Registered: 06 September 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mate only problem with sending it to Oz one is that shipping costs from Australia are so much higher than the rest of the world..

...I feel sorry for people who don't drink.
When they wake up they know that's as good as they're going to feel all day.

Posts: 2283 | Location: Aussie in Italy | Registered: 20 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thats a good point but that might be out weighed but the cost of the taxidermy?no hard in asking?

Posts: 896 | Location: Langwarrin,Australia | Registered: 06 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sculptor
posted Hide Post
I have mounted and shipped several Brown Bear mounts to European clients. Currently I charge 4500. for a basic mount. This is a average rate for a quality USA studio. Crate cost is 3-400. International shipping of a mount of this size at class 300 frieght will cost "around" 2500. I have always recieved the raw salt dried skins straight from Alaska or though a US broker (Hunter International) in California for the Russian bears. To ship a untanned skin from Europe it will have to go through a broker and that will cost an additional about 400. There are some great taxidermists in Europe and thier site links can be found under www.taxidermy.net "taxidermists" links.

Posts: 727 | Location: Cody Wyoming | Registered: 17 December 2005Reply With Quote