New
Find
Notify
Tools

bush buck cape
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
well i have to say i am very dissapointed. Today i got to open and look at my trophies from a hunt in Zim to find that my treasured bushbuck cape as no hair from the eye's all the way down to behind the shoulders and also a huge patch on the rump.Why couldn't the Taxidermist have e-mailed me and said so BEFORE it was shipped and Why didn't he offer to replace it even if it was going to cost a little extra Confused The only thing he did say is that he wouldn't have sent it if it couldn't be repaired!!!! WHAT A JOKE there's no way it can be fixed at all thumbdownNow I have to try and find a full body cape in which to be able to have it mounted but it has left me with a very bad tatse in my mouth thats for sure Mad

Posts: 896 | Location: Langwarrin,Australia | Registered: 06 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Vanderhoef
posted Hide Post
So sorry to hear that Zhaba.

Can you tell us what Taxi you used?

I'm growing frustrated with my RSA taxidermist as I've now been waiting almost 19 mos. and am having trouble contacting them! I plan on heading to Zim in a year or two and would like to avoid the same problems, if possible.

Any info would be appreciated

Regards,
Scott

"....but to protest against all hunting of game is a sign of softness of head, not of soundness of heart."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 466 | Location: Just west of Cleo, TX | Registered: 20 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No problems the guy's i used were Collet's taxidermy in bullawayo but the thing is I went to them because when i went to taxidermy enterprises and ask about costs relating to some tanning they couldn't give me an answer and it wasn't until i turn to leave that they started to tell me... in my books thats to late to answer simple questions. So I don't know what the answer is,except that from now on i will have them sent salt dried only and work everything else out at home

Posts: 896 | Location: Langwarrin,Australia | Registered: 06 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dla69
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zhaba:
So I don't know what the answer is,except that from now on i will have them sent salt dried only and work everything else out at home

My hides and horns from Namibia just arrived at my taxidermist on Friday. I hadn't picked a taxidermist before I left for my trip. I figured I send back salted hides so that whoever I chose could use the tannery and the tanning process that they were comfortable with. In talking to taxidermist, he was exceptionally happy with my decision.

Posts: 535 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: 18 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of starchild69
posted Hide Post
Hey mate, check this guy out, his name is Pieter Swart, he is a Taxidermist in Sth Africa, he has Bushbuck Tanned capes, follow the link
www.afrikantradersonline.com
Good luck,
Cam

Posts: 26 | Location: East Gippsland,STH EAST AUSTRALIA | Registered: 14 April 2008Reply With Quote