Find
Notify
Tools

European mounts in garage
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Eland Slayer
posted
Is it okay for European mounts to be kept in a garage (non-air conditioned) long-term? Will they deteriorate at all from the temperature/humidity fluctuations?

Hunt Report - South Africa 2022

Wade Abadie - Wild Shot Photography
Website | Facebook | Instagram

Posts: 3106 | Location: Hockley, TX | Registered: 01 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have them outside by the pool area in Florida. They are the shade but otherwise subject to all the elements.

They have held up great - all the teak furniture got weathered but the Europeans look great.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
I have had mine in the garage, some for 30 years; no issues. And we have humidity and heat close to Texas. Almost.

Posts: 17088 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jerry Huffaker
posted Hide Post
They’ll be fine

Jerry Huffaker
State, National and World Champion Taxidermist
Huffaker Taxidermy Studio
huftax@sbcglobal.net
http://huffakertaxidermy.com/

Posts: 2006 | Location: Abilene,TX USA | Registered: 27 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A little different environment than you, but I have several that have been in an unheated garage in MN for about 10 years, and they are fine.

The hippo skull that has been in a heated/AC building, well the teeth are all shattered...

The moose antlers that have been outside for 7 years now over the cabin door have some gnaw marks but overall look fine.

If this is in MN with -40 to 105 and humidity swings, you will be fine.

Posts: 10551 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote