New
Find
Notify
Tools

What the hell is this?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
This is an old mount in an auction Saturday, but what is it?

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9540 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BNagel
posted Hide Post
Well, it ain't a leopard any more...

Posts: 4848 | Location: Clute, Texas | Registered: 12 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Lots of this stuff and actually very entertaining on a sad level. I own one myself. Smiler

http://boredomtherapy.com/bad-taxidermy/

Grizz

Indeed, no human being has yet lived under conditions which, considering the prevailing climates of the past, can be regarded as normal. John E Pfeiffer, The Emergence of Man

Those who can't skin, can hold a leg. Abraham Lincoln

Only one war at a time. Abe Again.

Posts: 4211 | Location: Alta. Canada | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BNagel:
Well, it ain't a leopard any more...

You think that's what it used to be? BTW, the case is 37" long.

Posts: 9540 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
small jaguar by the rosettes

Posts: 13440 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I agree with Butch, small immature jaguar.

Posts: 10573 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If anybody simply MUST have it for their trophy room...

Auction

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looks kind of like an Oncilla. There are a several small species of spotted cats in Asia and South America.

My guess is it is one of those.

BH63

Hunting buff is better than sex!

Posts: 2205 | Registered: 29 December 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of thecanadian
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Grizzly Adams:
Lots of this stuff and actually very entertaining on a sad level. I own one myself. Smiler

http://boredomtherapy.com/bad-taxidermy/

Grizz

Is it sad that I kinda like #19

"though the will of the majority is in all cases to prevail, that will to be rightful must be reasonable; that the minority possess their equal rights, which equal law must protect, and to violate would be oppression."

---Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 1085 | Location: Eau Claire, WI | Registered: 20 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
In 1980 we were doing a job down in Dimebox Texas + coming home we passed through the 'town of Noack where they had a place called the Zeischang Bar + Grill. 1st time I stopped there was to grab a 6 pack for the drive home. Place looked like hell on the outside but when you went in it looked like the the Longbranch. Huge oak bar,long mirror behind w/ local school trophy cups,hardwood floors + more mounted heads than you've ever seen.The walls were packed with every animal you can imagine,including right by the door,a Jersey cow (NO SHIT). But the one that I got the most use out of was a mounted "Jackalope",you've seen em. Anyway my helper was this little yankee + asked me what it was. So chewing the inside of my cheek + told him as well as informing him how rare + valuable they were.Now if you want to make some REAL money just catch one of the does.They're always pregnant + their offspring will make your fortune;he bought it hook,line,+sinker.The following week we were out on another job in the country + there goes a jack rabbit. I told him,there's one go get it.He took off + we all liked to have died laughing watching that kid try to run down that rabbit. No work was done for the next 30 minutes,everybody was laughing so hard.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of george roof
posted Hide Post
Looks more like a disaster to me.

RETIRED Taxidermist

Posts: 827 | Location: Magnolia Delaware | Registered: 02 December 2006Reply With Quote