Find
Notify
Tools

Matted hair question...
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I am hoping to get some help.

I just Got my taxidermy back from a trip in 2016.
Mounts are in good shape, but where they were supported and were bubble wrapped and taped all the hair is matted.

Is there a way to get the hair on a Sable main to stand up again as well as the bushy tuft of hair on an island's forehead.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
What can I Do?

Thank you

"Once you've wrestled, everything else in life is easy."
Dan Gable

Posts: 55 | Location: Cedar Falls, IA | Registered: 17 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bob Bixby:
I am hoping to get some help.

I just Got my taxidermy back from a trip in 2016.
Mounts are in good shape, but where they were supported and were bubble wrapped and taped all the hair is matted.

Is there a way to get the hair on a Sable main to stand up again as well as the bushy tuft of hair on an island's forehead.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
What can I Do?

Thank you

I would use some dry shampoo and a brush and comb to get it unmatted, and maybe some hair spray to make it stand the way you want.

One shot , one kill

Posts: 197 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 13 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Products sold for animal grooming at stores like tractor supply work for adding a sheen and softening the hair so it can be brushed into a manageable position.
The main will likely need an extreme hold gell like gorilla slime or something similar.

Posts: 117 | Location: Augusta, West Virginia | Registered: 30 August 2018Reply With Quote