THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM TAXIDERMY FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Taxidermy    Great Taxidermist in Nambia

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Great Taxidermist in Nambia
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have never mounted stuff in Africa, preferring not to "take chances" as well as fearing the final shipping cost would be outrageous. However, on my last hunt in Namibia my trophy take was pretty small (my TR is cluttered enough) so at the suggestion of Jan DuPlessis I used Antje Slippers for the following:

Kudu skull and horns
Springbok shoulder mount
Hyena skin

He did this work for a very reasonable cost (I honestly can't remember but was less then 1K). Shipping was only $430! The box was heavy cardboard, the springbok had detachable antlers and was perfect. The kudu skill as bleached perfectly, and the hyena skin tanning was perfect.

I would highly recommend him:
Anje Slippers
marika1@iway.na

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
AAZW,
Just a small correction, Antje Slippers is a gal, not a guy !
I am currently in communication as she is overseeing the finish of trophies from my 2017 hunt.
I agree, your costs do seem very reasonable.
Cheers

Hunting.... it's not everything, it's the only thing.

Posts: 1992 | Location: New Zealand's North Island | Registered: 13 November 2014Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 30.06king:
AAZW,
Just a small correction, Antje Slippers is a gal, not a guy !
I am currently in communication as she is overseeing the finish of trophies from my 2017 hunt.
I agree, your costs do seem very reasonable.
Cheers

Correction: SHE does great work. I never spoke with her; Jan set it all up.

You will be happy with her work.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote