THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM TAXIDERMY FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Taxidermy    Taxidermist Recommendations in Houston Area for African Trophies

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Taxidermist Recommendations in Houston Area for African Trophies
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have made 8 trips to Africa but have had very little taxidermy work done. I wasn't wild about the taxidermist that I used for my last trip.

I was planning to use Conroe Taxidermy. However I've them called 4 times and left messages, but haven't heard back from them.

Any recommendations in Houston, or even Dallas or San Antonio would be appreciated.

Thanks!!!

Brad

Go Duke!!

Posts: 1283 | Location: Texas | Registered: 25 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BNagel
posted Hide Post
Rowdy is just down the road at Woods and Water Taxidermy. Top notch work!!
http://woodsandwatertaxidermy.com/

Posts: 4848 | Location: Clute, Texas | Registered: 12 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
AR's very own Jerry Huffaker in Abilene is phenomenal.

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jerry is incredible...
Brad's brother at Tristate does very unique and good work there too

Posts: 931 | Location: Music City USA | Registered: 09 April 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have had African game mounted by both Jerry Huffaker and Gary Damuth in Brady,Texas. Their work is top notch and the mounts are finished on time. Your mounts will not only look realistic,but you can see the artistic flair they both demonstrate. Jerry Hoover

Posts: 372 | Location: Round Rock,TX | Registered: 15 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've seen photos of Jerry's work and it looks fantastic. I've always used Brush Country Studios, and yes, Rocky and Diane sold it, and I've continued to use them. Have had one safari delivered since the sale and have a safari there now.

Posts: 9994 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jerry Huffaker does all of my work and the quality is fantastic.

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3507 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jerry Huffaker has done almost all of mine. Very talented artist and all around fine man.

I have no reservations recommending him to anyone.

Posts: 41767 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JTEX:
Jerry Huffaker has done almost all of mine. Very talented artist and all around fine man.

I have no reservations recommending him to anyone.

Jerry did my last ones, I couldn't be any happier unless I lived closer, then I wouldn't have to have them shipped all the way out here.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12525 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote