The Accurate Reloading Forums
What to do with bushpig leather?

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3421043/m/1001067452

18 October 2019, 12:47
F S
What to do with bushpig leather?
Hi! I was fortunate to hunt in Africa recently (first trip) and I was very very fortunate to be able to take a bushpig on walk and stalk. I'm from Europe and here it is customary to keep the teeth on a plaque as a trophy. My PH got crazy that I was not going to make a mount, or at least a full skull bleach but I persisted in only keeping the tusks. He then talked me into making leather of the skin. He showed me his hat and a vest that he had made of the skin from his first bushpig.

Now to the question, what are your recommendations to make out of the leather when it gets to me? I never wear hat and I'm not a vest person either. I was thinking of a gun sling but the skin might not be big enough to make it with a joint, and that would also just use up some of it. Any ideas are welcome.

Regards
21 October 2019, 02:26
farbedo
Driving gloves. A small case for something. Purse for the wife (I'm assuming you are a guy). A couple of wallets, sunglasses case, phone case.

A hundred or so watch bands.

There are a lot of little and big things.

Jeremy
21 October 2019, 03:34
Use Enough Gun
Brief case, belts, large hand bag for the wife . . . . . . . . . .you get the idea. Big Grin
21 October 2019, 05:49
jdollar
An American football??

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…
22 October 2019, 21:00
BuffHunter63
A pair of boots. A pair of riding/work chinks. Belts. Man purse. Passport case.

Good luck and have fun.

BH63

Hunting buff is better than sex!
23 October 2019, 09:34
Use Enough Gun
Ask Will who sells here on AR and now lives in Florida, after moving from Kansas. He could give you many, many ideas. tu2 Maybe he could make up some things for you.
23 October 2019, 13:57
F S
Thanks for the input. I really like the idea of gloves! Then adding an ammo case to keep on the belt and, depending on how much is left, I was thinking of a small bag for toiletries. All items that will last a long time.
08 February 2020, 22:31
Atkinson
gloves mostly..save some for covering recoil pads if your a mind to...I do..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com