THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Texas online exotic auctions Banteng anyone?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Texas online exotic auctions Banteng anyone?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted
https://www.wildlifebuyer.com/...uF_7-t3q5irG2qT6NGik

Coolest thing I have seen on there in a long time.

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of crshelton
posted Hide Post
The price is right!
Any reference on the meat?

NRA Life Benefactor Member,
DRSS, DWWC, Whittington
Center,Android Reloading
Ballistics App at
http://www.xplat.net/

Posts: 2294 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 25 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They are probably going to go for breeder prices, I bet $10-25,000 for the pair.

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The one I shot in Australia was great!

But I bet the $ will not be right to eat them...

quote:
Originally posted by crshelton:
The price is right!
Any reference on the meat?

Posts: 10597 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I called them and they weren't sure they could cross state lines, as they are CITES.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
There is a very interesting market for exotic animals that has some crazy rare animals. These mainly trade between zoos, private buyers and are sold on strict conditions they are not shot/hunted.

A couple of billionaires in southwest Florida have unbelievable herds of animals.

I have seen rhinos, lord derby eland, mountain bongo, red river hog ect

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Price isn't really moving on them.

The CITES thing might keep cost low, as you can't shoot them.

They are pretty fresh faced, I would bet they are yearlings or two year olds. Look like foundation pure zoo stock. When compared to other photos of banteng on google.

What a cool animal!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beretta682E:
There is a very interesting market for exotic animals that has some crazy rare animals. These mainly trade between zoos, private buyers and are sold on strict conditions they are not shot/hunted.

A couple of billionaires in southwest Florida have unbelievable herds of animals.

Mike

That is incredible, how big are these ranches?

-----------------------------------------
"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived. -Henry David Thoreau, Walden

Posts: 891 | Location: Tanzania | Registered: 07 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There is a 1 horn kudu and a 1 horned eland on there right now.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by StormsGSP:
quote:
Originally posted by Beretta682E:

Mike

That is incredible, how big are these ranches?

15-20k acres

They have their own vet staff ect. Big operations. All below the frost line so nothing ever freezes.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They sold for #$3600 bucks for the pair.

Good value, but they are CITES so that kept the prices low.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Wonderful Wyoming:
They sold for #$3600 bucks for the pair.

Good value, but they are CITES so that kept the prices low.

Is that value? I truly don’t know. At first glance I don’t like the price and I frankly don’t like the market for them either.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
If I lived in Texas and had land, I'd own them. They are cool.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Wonderful Wyoming:
If I lived in Texas and had land, I'd own them. They are cool.

More power to you. Unfortunately, for the most part, a novelty doesn’t make a market. At least not a sustainable one.