THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Looking for an Exotic Hunt Feedback, Priour Ranch, Patio Ranch, Texas Divide Ranch?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for an Exotic Hunt Feedback, Priour Ranch, Patio Ranch, Texas Divide Ranch?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted
Has anyone hunted the Priour Ranch in Mt Home Texas?

The Patio Ranch also in Mountain Home?

Or the Texas Divide Ranch in Water Valley?

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you have another place that has decent prices and is moderatly fair chase let me know.

Just don't want to shoot something in a 80 acre pen.

1000 acres minium and more is appreciated.

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What are you looking to hunt?

Posts: 83 | Location: Stephenville, TX & Hamilton, MT | Registered: 15 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I want the option of going someplace and looking it over and seeing what is available.

Goal would be to go after something, and then adjust fire if I am not happy with what they show me.

Spoke to a couple of them and asked about options and they were all very honest about what they had.

I am interested in a Pere David's deer but then will have fall back animals. Something old and unique.

I want to book direct the ranch outfit, don't want a bunch of cooks in the kitchen.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I hunted the Patio many moons ago. Family owed and operated. My dad grew up with the owner. Very pretty place

Perry

Posts: 2246 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 01 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Most all those ranches are high fenced and have 100% success rate, most are in excess of 2500 acres..Most guarentee a decent shot at the game in question..

Never approach a fair chase hunt with unreasonable expectations, its still hunting, well in some cases at least...

I personally don't like high fenced hunts, most are just shooting. In Texas or Africa, not much difference in RSA so do your homework..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41820 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Talked to a lot of people, and I think I need a bigger ranch.

Not going to be happy with a huge animal killed in a 800 (that is probably 400) acre pasture.

Want an experience.

Maybe another aoudad.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'd look at an axis hunt with MulieMike

Posts: 2640 | Location: Utah | Registered: 23 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
One word: Aoudad

Zeke

One of Us
Picture of T.J.
posted Hide Post
It doesn't answer your question about Priour, Patio, or Texas Divide feedback, but I believe the Ox Ranch and YO Ranch both have game viewing trips which would allow you to have a look around. Both places are huge in terms of acreage.

Posts: 160 | Location: Ft. Worth, TX | Registered: 31 July 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have been to the old YO about 8 years ago.

It is huge, even though it is massively compartmentalized.