THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    The Crush TV show- did they break the law?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Crush TV show- did they break the law?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of robncolorado
posted
Just finished watching The Crush- show description was biggest elk Lee ever took in the wild in colorado. He was hunting with a scoped muzzle loader. He took a huge bull. Using a scope on a muzzle loader is against the law in Colorado. Was he not huntng a truly wild elk? Or on an Estate hunt? Any other Thoughts?

Posts: 558 | Location: Durango, CO | Registered: 18 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tomahawker
posted Hide Post
Maybe used a muzzleloader during rifle season?

Posts: 3452 | Registered: 27 November 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of robncolorado
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tomahawker:
Maybe used a muzzleloader during rifle season?

Good point! My assumption was he was hunting muzzle loader season.

Posts: 558 | Location: Durango, CO | Registered: 18 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
Ranching for wildlife.

Posts: 7360 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Still have to use proper method of take unless on a “alternative livestock” ranch

White Mountains Arizona

Posts: 2843 | Registered: 31 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I saw that also. Hopefully they aren't stupid enough to break the law on national tv.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by scott f.:
I saw that also. Hopefully they aren't stupid enough to break the law on national tv.

I agree with you.

But when money/frame is involved it is amazing how stupide people get

All most all these shows are shot on some type of game farm.

Posts: 19327 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:

It has happened a few times; Ted Nugent wounded a black bear in AK but kept hunting (the law requires you to "tag" a wounded animal). IIRC Bryce Towsley got fined for using a scope on a muzzleloader (it was a printed story).

Back when I was writing I went on a varmint hunt in WY; one of the sponsors supplied suppressors. Problem was, suppressors were not allowed for any hunting at that time.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Colorado law here would be very simple!

One cannot hunt during the regulated muzzleloader season with a scoped weapon...period!

One could however hunt with a scoped muzzleloader if hunting during a legit rifle season, or on a high fence/estate hunt. Remember...RFW hunts would allow one to hunt with a scoped muzzleloader anytime the hunt / ranch is open for hunting, just as they could use a bow or rifle. These are generally 89 day seasons, at the owner's discretion.

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4884 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by p dog shooter:
quote:

I agree with you.

But when money/frame is involved it is amazing how stupide people get

All most all these shows are shot on some type of game farm.

Completely false!

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4884 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don’t profess to know . However , I had a sheep guide that used to film for L&T. He described them as straight shooters.

Posts: 11923 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of drummondlindsey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
I don’t profess to know . However , I had a sheep guide that used to film for L&T. He described them as straight shooters.

They are good as gold. Amazing people

Posts: 2092 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
So why doesn't someone from Colorado who posts here call a warden and see what he says.

Posts: 1194 | Location: Billings,MT | Registered: 24 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Not a fan of that genre of TV but can say first hand they are solid honest people. RFW is VERY flexible.

Posts: 1335 | Registered: 17 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I can't get over all those huge whitetail bucks they have on their Iowa farm/farms.

Posts: 966 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 23 September 2011Reply With Quote