THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Wyoming antelope-which outfitters do you like?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wyoming antelope-which outfitters do you like?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Going to burn some points this year for a Wyoming pronghorn hunt. Tossing around a DIY which I have done in the past, but wanted to look at some outfitters to see what they offer and prices. Does anybody have any recommendations for an outfit that they have hunted with in Wyoming?
I realize I'm cutting close to the May deadline but thought I'd hear what the group has to say.

Thanks

Paul

"Diligentia - Vis - Celeritas"
NRA Benefactor Member
Member DRSS

Posts: 1026 | Location: Southeastern PA, USA | Registered: 14 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
You have until June 1st, but I wouldn't do it after May 25th.

How many points do you have?

https://wgfd.wyo.gov/Hunting/Hunt-Planner

Based on how many people applied for elk, I would expect it to take 2-3 more points than what the Wyoming hunt planners says it will take.

I have 8 for antelope and 6 for deer.

I am planning on units that are 100% at my point value being a 30% draw for 2021.

Posts: 7762 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
Pronghorn Guide Service and Eli Grimmett ... look no further

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I read a good report on another forum about SNS outfitters. He hunted around Casper and did well.
Bruce

Posts: 371 | Location: Gillette, Wy USA | Registered: 11 May 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BigB
posted Hide Post
Tom Kessel at hilandouyfitters.com he has a couple areas he hunts. I have only been to the one near Hiland but saw lots of nice antelope.

Posts: 1401 | Location: Northwest Wyoming | Registered: 13 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by graybird:
Pronghorn Guide Service and Eli Grimmett ... look no further

If you want to hunt for a huge pronghorn, this is who you go with. Period.

Posts: 3828 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wy decreased antelope tags substantially in most units for 2021 due to some illness and heavy snow winter stress on herds. We decided to forego this year as our unit was cut from 250 tags to 100. If you apply, it will be difficult to estimate how many points you'll need to draw a tag. Recommend doing some research.

Posts: 413 | Location: Ridgecrest,Ca | Registered: 02 March 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gillettehunter:
I read a good report on another forum about SNS outfitters. He hunted around Casper and did well.
Bruce

I used SNS on a elk hunt they treated well.

Posts: 19299 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I submitted my money this morning.

I doubt it will result in a tag even with 8 point in a unit that claims it takes 8 points.

Who knows.

Posts: 7762 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If I got drawn in a good to decent area, I would not full with an outfitter.

I saw more antelope than I saw grass.

Posts: 10556 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The only reason to use an outfitter in Wyoming is to hunt a unit that is mostly private land.