THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Will Covid change your application strategy for 2021?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Will Covid change your application strategy for 2021?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted
I had the Wyoming Game and Fish page open on the computer and was starting to write units down when I got interupted by the wife.

I have not hit submit on the applications yet, and she is trying to convince me to wait until next year for anything out of state.

What are you guys doing?

I might not be applying for much of anything after all.

Posts: 7762 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No
I can drive to hunt, gas up with gloves/mask and stay away from people.
Not changing a thing.
Flying is a different issue and I won't be doing that.
Zeke

one of us
Picture of DesertRam
posted Hide Post
Nope.

I will focus mostly on New Mexico as I have in the past few years. With five hunters in the family wanting to chase most of our big game, my application fees rack up pretty fast! Even if the governor continues to not trust us to think for ourselves, we can have some great hunts here at home.

As usual, Wyoming pronghorn will be our backup if we don't draw much for October here in NM. The kids have a fair number of points, so we could likely pull off a decent goat hunt up there if time allows.

We will also probably venture over to TX for hogs or maybe whitetail does if schedules permit. And maybe, just maybe, I'll finally bite the bullet and try for an Arizona Coues deer tag.

Posts: 3289 | Location: Southern NM USA | Registered: 01 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am only applying for one hunter in New Mexico, so the financial part makes life easy.

I have enough points in Wyoming, that I will probably do the same back up plan as well.

Posts: 7762 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I’m all in. I’m getting a vaccine shot and not worrying about it

Posts: 2636 | Location: Utah | Registered: 23 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
I can't imagine not going hunting for fear of Covid when all you have to do is drive to the locale.

I'm not going to let a virus with a 99% survivability rate dictate my lifestyle, especially when the activity involved has minimal risk

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'll hunt locally if I draw tags and sleep in my truck.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hauchuca shut down out of state hunters for this past season. You had to quarantine there for two weeks. Not getting involved in that crap next year.

One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
I have not traveled to hunt in several years now. Cost has been the big factor there. Fortunately I have a lot of good hunting and fishing available on my own land.

~Ann

Posts: 19123 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Med cruise with my wife in May, buff hunt in The Caprivi in September. If a vaccine wasn’t available ( I get it next week), I would be staying home.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13096 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm applying all over. I mostly focus on the big 3 (sheep, goat, moose) but will also apply to hard to draw elk and mule deer areas. I have driven over 20 hours (one 20 and the other 22) for 2 hunts in 2021, no way would I let COVID slow me down in 2021.

One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
No changes for me in 2021. I just finished a wonderful Desert Bighorn Hunt in the Mojave Desert (just posted report on this forum) and plan on a very full list of applications across the west for my son and I this year. I’m also planning a hunt with Alan Vincent in Tanzania, details still being worked out by Alan. And last but certainly not least, I expect another very full season of duck hunting, mostly in Idaho but also some time in Texas. These days, I seldom hunt ducks in California, after hunting here exclusively for 49 seasons.

Posts: 3829 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote