THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Wyoming Horseback Elk Hunt Outfitter Recomendations

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wyoming Horseback Elk Hunt Outfitter Recomendations
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I'm thinking about booking a hunt in 2015 and was wondering if anyone has any recommendations on an outfitter?

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3507 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'd sweet talk ravenr into taking me! Wink

one of us
posted Hide Post
Give non-typical a look. Top-notch outfit and their elk numbers and trophy potential are great for an area that you can draw with minimal, if any, points.

Posts: 988 | Location: AL | Registered: 13 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Crandell creek

quote:
Originally posted by Woodhits:
Give non-typical a look. Top-notch outfit and their elk numbers and trophy potential are great for an area that you can draw with minimal, if any, points.
Cool

Posts: 718 | Location: va | Registered: 30 January 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Since an outfitter only works a certain ranch or is only licensed for a certain public land area by the Feds, the first thing you need to figure out is where you want to hunt and will you be able to draw the tag. Rob kills some elk, but his Nontypical Outfitters is more into monster mule deer.

FYI Brent, the OP is a Wyoming resident and they don't have a PP system for elk, deer, or antelope like us NRs do!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm going to be hunting with a non-resident buddy. He has one preference point, so we are thinking about the Non-resident Special General tag which has been 100% for non residents and I can buy the resident general tag over the counter. We are most interested in hunting the Thorofare, or one of the other general wilderness areas around the park. I have only been in Wyoming for a couple of years and know next to nothing about that part of the state as I have been hunting in the Snowies.

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3507 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Give Harold or Robert Turner at Triangle X Ranch a call. They hunt the Northern Teton Wilderness next to Yellowstone Park. They have been in business for 3 generations. Yes there are bears and wolves, but still alot of elk. Daryl.

Posts: 296 | Location: Clyde Park, MT | Registered: 29 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lhook7:
I'm going to be hunting with a non-resident buddy. He has one preference point, so we are thinking about the Non-resident Special General tag which has been 100% for non residents and I can buy the resident general tag over the counter. We are most interested in hunting the Thorofare, or one of the other general wilderness areas around the park. I have only been in Wyoming for a couple of years and know next to nothing about that part of the state as I have been hunting in the Snowies.

If your NR buddy plans to hunt out in Wyoming more than just next year, have him put in for an impossible draw unit next year as his first choice and the general tag as his second choice in the higher priced special draw. That way he will draw the general tag (100% every year for the years NRs have had PPs), save his PP, and can buy another PP when he applies for the draw or during the summer PP application period.

One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by taylorce1:
I'd sweet talk ravenr into taking me! Wink

+100

PM ravenr and get him on your side

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote