New
Find
Notify
Tools

My Kids Montana Season So far...
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Been out chasing critters with my kids since the first of Sept.

Started with upland birds in Sept.

My 9 year old son and I had lot's of fun chasing Sharptail and Huns.

The Youth Waterfowl season got my middle (12 year old daughter) out to shoot her first ducks ever.

Early October Found us chasing a few pheasants

Then the very next day she took her very first big game animal, a Montana Speed Goat

While she took a break from hunting her older sister decided to get into the act and fill her buck tag. Exactly 30 minutes after we left the house she had this 3x3 muley on the ground.

Hopefully tomorrow the younger daughter will fill her buck tag as well.

happy hunting

tnomen

Posts: 33 | Location: Glasgow, Montana | Registered: 05 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
Nice looking crew you have there! Congratulations to all of you and good luck with the rest of the season.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of PythonWill
posted Hide Post
Excellent job, I wish I had that kind of luck this year. isnt it fun getting the kids into hunting. I have a blast taking mine out

Posts: 41 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice pics....Your son needs to be 12yrs old and have Mt. hunters safety to hunt legally here in big sky country.

Posts: 101 | Location: Montana | Registered: 31 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Teaching the kids to hunt...
Great.
They are the future of hunting.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nice trophies, good job on teaching the skills of a great sport to your children.

Well polish my balls and serve me a milkshake!

Posts: 325 | Location: Cordele, GA | Registered: 24 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations to both kids. Great flicks.

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations to all! thumb

Posts: 3608 | Location: USA | Registered: 08 September 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WHELENIZER:
Nice pics....Your son needs to be 12yrs old and have Mt. hunters safety to hunt legally here in big sky country.

Whelenizer
As a life long Montana Resident, born and raised, I am fully aware of Montana game laws. My son can still carry a .22 along to shoot gophers and rabbits, he needs nothing else to do that with me.

Here is the buck my daughter took on Sunday morning.

Tnomen

Posts: 33 | Location: Glasgow, Montana | Registered: 05 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You should be one PROUD father. I like how the guns are all in a safe condition. Gun safety is always a priority and you have tought your young ones well! Congratulations!! Cool

The only easy day is yesterday!

Posts: 2758 | Location: Northern Minnesota | Registered: 22 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Excellent job to all-gotta be a proud pappa and justifyably so!

Thx 4 sharing

Mark D

Posts: 1089 | Location: Bozeman, Mt | Registered: 05 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Those are just fantastic! Congrats to the kids and dad!

Were all of those taken in the general Glasgow area????

Impressive results and impressive game!

cheers
seafire
cheers

Posts: 16144 | Location: Southern Oregon USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
What great pictures, and what a super experience to be able to share this with your kids! Weidmannsheil to the fortunate and skillful hunters, young and old.

- mike

The rifle is a noble weapon... It entices its bearer into primeval forests, into mountains and deserts untenanted by man. - Horace Kephart

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ya don't have to get all defensive Tnomen. The first picture of your son ain't no gopher, doesn't look like a wabbit, and that's not a .22 either. Hmmmmmm- None-the-less, I'm not here to judge you but it's nice you involve your children in outdoor activities.

Posts: 101 | Location: Montana | Registered: 31 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 308Sako
posted Hide Post
Tnomen, It would appear that Christmas came early to your house. Well done witht he kids and they look so good in the pictures... be proud!

thumb

Member NRA, SCI- Life #358 28+ years now!
DRSS, double owner-shooter since 1983, O/U .30-06 Browning Continental set.

Posts: 3611 | Location: LV NV | Registered: 22 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WHELENIZER:
Ya don't have to get all defensive Tnomen. The first picture of your son ain't no gopher, doesn't look like a wabbit, and that's not a .22 either. Hmmmmmm- None-the-less, I'm not here to judge you but it's nice you involve your children in outdoor activities.

The first pic of my son is of him with birds I shot. He is indeed holding a Special Edition Ducks Unlimited Falling Block, single shot .22

Not going to get into a pi$$ing contest with you. Think whatever you wish.

Tnomen

One of Us
Picture of rainman1882
posted Hide Post
Looks like everyone had some fun. I was up around Glasgow a few weeks back while working and saw some nice Mulies when I was driving. Filled my tags down around Wibaux. Congrats to you and the kids.

Posts: 120 | Location: eastern montana | Registered: 13 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Always great to see fathers taking their children hunting and involving them in the outdoors. You should be proud! Give them my hearty congratulations!

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7522 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Ropes
posted Hide Post
Beautiful photos and hunts.. I used to live in Glasgow wish I had never left beuatiful country.. keep the imports out I hope to return home oneday.

Posts: 549 | Location: Denial | Registered: 27 November 2004Reply With Quote