Find
Notify
Tools

Yellowstone Grizzly Killed !Scarface
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/new...ed-species-list.html
Here we go again ! But reading the article carefully - at one point he was 600 lbs ,now 338 lbs !! His "health was declining " !!
But it will be blamed on the "evil hunter "

one of us
posted Hide Post
Oh well lesser predators shouldn't mess with the top predator.

Posts: 19359 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
put a PETA member and a grizzly in a room, lock door and come back next day to see whom is hugging whom.

Posts: 735 | Location: Quakertown, Pa. | Registered: 11 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If I was that old bear I would take the bullet exit rather than die at the mouths of wolves or slow starvation! Like Walter Matthau said in the movie Grumpy Old Men when the bait shop owner was found dead in bed, "lucky bastard".

Dennis
Life member NRA

Posts: 1187 | Location: Ft. Morgan, CO | Registered: 15 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
yep, at about half my normal bodyweight, I'd be ready for someone to shoot me too! Sounds like it was the humane thing to do.

Posts: 5698 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Slider
posted Hide Post
The Bear looks Old,Thin and HUNGRY!!!

Posts: 2328 | Location: East Wenatchee | Registered: 18 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rick R
posted Hide Post
They're trying to make him into the American Cecil.

Old, hungry, declining, wonder why he'd confront a scrawny human that smelled like food?

Posts: 1912 | Location: Charleston, WV, USA | Registered: 10 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
It would have been nice if that photographer had met that bear up close and personal.

Just another example of why hunting is doomed.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Toomany Tools
posted Hide Post
Entire article is suspect. Coincidence that it reports the bear weighed 338 pounds, and lived in an area of 338 sq miles? Shoddy work, which is what I've come to expect from "journalists" today.

John Farner

If you haven't, please join the NRA!

Posts: 2936 | Location: Corrales, NM, USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
John, that's the Daily Mail ! 2020 They have no spell check, fact check or any other type of check.Much of reading it is for humour ! And you'll find lots of interesting stuff in comments following the article !

One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
Can anyone explain WHY the Daily Mail is quoted so often by people on here? I do not see it as anything other than the Brit equivalent of the NATIONAL ENQUIRER!!!!!!!

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good question Randall!

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5943 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
http://www.seattletimes.com/na...zly-approaching-end/

News story about the bear from November 1, 2015.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9363 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Slider:
The Bear looks Old,Thin and HUNGRY!!!

If a bear wants to chew on your ass, endangered status is irrelevant. Wink Thought Montana Grizz numbers were high enough to start hunting again ?

Grizz

Indeed, no human being has yet lived under conditions which, considering the prevailing climates of the past, can be regarded as normal. John E Pfeiffer, The Emergence of Man

Those who can't skin, can hold a leg. Abraham Lincoln

Only one war at a time. Abe Again.

Posts: 4211 | Location: Alta. Canada | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mete:
Here we go again ! But reading the article carefully - at one point he was 600 lbs ,now 338 lbs !! His "health was declining " !!

Maybe in the fall, before hibernation. Bears lose a lot weight over the winter and are usually thin and underweight in the Spring. You hold the scale, while I drag him onto the hook. Big Grin

Grizz

Indeed, no human being has yet lived under conditions which, considering the prevailing climates of the past, can be regarded as normal. John E Pfeiffer, The Emergence of Man

Those who can't skin, can hold a leg. Abraham Lincoln

Only one war at a time. Abe Again.

Posts: 4211 | Location: Alta. Canada | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
He was 25 yrs old, which is G-Grandpa in human years.
Killed by an elk hunter.
Another predator.
Truly, What is not natural about that?

Posts: 2141 | Location: enjoying my freedom in wyoming | Registered: 13 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Crazyhorseconsulting:
Can anyone explain WHY the Daily Mail is quoted so often by people on here? I do not see it as anything other than the Brit equivalent of the NATIONAL ENQUIRER!!!!!!!

I read it for the bikini shots.

"Experience" is the only class you take where the exam comes before the lesson.

Posts: 11137 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Grizzly Adams:
quote:
Originally posted by mete:

Maybe in the fall, before hibernation. Bears lose a lot weight over the winter and are usually thin and underweight in the Spring. You hold the scale, while I drag him onto the hook. Big Grin

Grizz

No, that weight of 338 was on Aug 31. He was on his way out...

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6834 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote