New
Find
Notify
Tools

first deer
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have a 9 year old grandson who has hunted with me several times(without his gun) and has witnessed a few dead ones. Now he is old enough and can shoot well enough with .243 that it is time. I would like to find a place where we can enjoy sitting in a comfortable blind and he can pretty well be assured of success.. would love to have some suggestions. I suspect Texas but would go where best. Help me find a spot to take this great kid.....

Posts: 179 | Location: northern Arkansas | Registered: 14 August 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Maybe I did not make it clear that I am willing to book a hunting lodge or private ranch that has full facilities and quite willing to pay for the priviledge.......

Posts: 179 | Location: northern Arkansas | Registered: 14 August 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Don't know.

But Va. and up the East coast are over
populated with whitetails. Md has 40 deer
limit if you add up all the various seasons
and ways to hunt 'em.
Been told Va. is the same way.

Va's not all that far from you either.
I've never been back that way. just know
a guy in Md that feeds me this stuff.

Best wishes, hope you'll share the results
with us once it's done.

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5934 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of TREE 'EM
posted Hide Post
TX is the place to go.
Lots of good options but you might PM Muley Mike on here. I booked with him when my youngest boy was 9 and had a fantastic hunt.

All We Know Is All We Are

Posts: 1213 | Location: E Central MO | Registered: 13 January 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Muley Mike, obviously Texas/?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
do you want a deer? or the potential at a huge deer?

Posts: 178 | Location: upstate NY | Registered: 14 July 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just a deer or two for a 9 year olds first experiences....

One of Us
posted Hide Post
for that i would look somewhere that has baits either a big high fence area and shoot some management deer or somewhere with a large density of deer.

i know of high fence areas in the northeast but they are dropping some $$ for some goofy looking deer although probably do management hunts too

Posts: 178 | Location: upstate NY | Registered: 14 July 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
perfectly what I was thinking, send me the name...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Also a vote for muley mike. Does a nice job and keeps prices on the lower end

Posts: 718 | Location: va | Registered: 30 January 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you are willing to come to South Dakota we can sure help you out.

Posts: 517 | Location: North West South Dakota | Registered: 26 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you Randy.