THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    I would have freaked out on these guys.

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I would have freaked out on these guys.
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted
I am sick, couldn't watch the whole thing. Warning: Contains cruel persons abusing a wounded buck.
https://www.facebook.com/gregg...1284/?type=2&theater

Life itself is a gift. Live it up if you can.

Posts: 5097 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
What sick idiots. I’ve never seen or heard of ANY hunter ever doing anything like this. Maybe I just live a sheltered life?

Those jackasses shouldn’t be allowed to hunt.

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6834 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't do FB ever.

Can't watch it.
Am guessing what they did though.

That's why I wear a pistol. For
finish up shots.

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5943 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Please do not classify these aholes as Hunters.

Posts: 4372 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
They were not hunters. Just some punks that happened upon this wounded buck thinking how many 'hits' they will get on FB.
Hope LE requests that the JP gives up the max. Doubt harassing wildlife carries any serious fine or jail time though. Didn't watch to the end. Might be some other charges besides.

Life itself is a gift. Live it up if you can.

Posts: 5097 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The best part of that bunch ran down their daddys leg..What they need is a good old fashion ass whipping..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41814 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't do face book but maybe someone should call DNR or Fish and Game and turn these assholes in.

Posts: 1194 | Location: Billings,MT | Registered: 24 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Outdoor Writer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by twilli:
I don't do face book but maybe someone should call DNR or Fish and Game and turn these assholes in.

someone did

Tony Mandile - Author "How To Hunt Coues Deer"

Posts: 3269 | Location: Glendale, AZ | Registered: 28 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
One kids stepfather is the chief of police in town and yes they were hunting. The worthless PGC is said to be investigating but to do that they must first get their heads out of their asses. The PGC is more interested in busting someone for having a pet squirrel in the garage than actually enforcing game laws. Too many kids fresh out of college with little or no actual experience outdoors running the agency these days.

Posts: 735 | Location: Quakertown, Pa. | Registered: 11 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2th doc:
One kids stepfather is the chief of police in town and yes they were hunting. The worthless PGC is said to be investigating but to do that they must first get their heads out of their asses. The PGC is more interested in busting someone for having a pet squirrel in the garage than actually enforcing game laws. Too many kids fresh out of college with little or no actual experience outdoors running the agency these days.

my guess is PGC is working to put together a solid case. I was listening to a podcast with a PGC officer and he was telling a tale from years ago where they were building a case but State Police & another agency had a larger case in the works on the same people so they had to hold up their case a bit to allow the others to build their cases which carried heavier sentences.

no point in running to the courthouse with one video and maybe get thrown out on some technicality when you can walk to the courthouse knowing the bases are all covered

Posts: 178 | Location: upstate NY | Registered: 14 July 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
While I agree with you about case building I no longer have any faith in the PGC. What other not for profit gov. org has 72 million dollars in a fund they were not aware of until an external audit that was demanded by the tag buyers themselves uncovered it?
At a time I was a DPG for them seeing the underbelly of the org and it disgusted me to the point I quit.

Posts: 735 | Location: Quakertown, Pa. | Registered: 11 December 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Outdoor Writer
posted Hide Post
Teens Charged With Felonies

"Brookville Police Chief Vince Markle identified one of the teens in the video as his 18-year-old stepson; however, authorities say no favoritism will be shown in the case."

Tony Mandile - Author "How To Hunt Coues Deer"

Posts: 3269 | Location: Glendale, AZ | Registered: 28 July 2003Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OLBIKER:

True.

But they do hunt, and are found all around the world, and give us all a bad name.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66907 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
https://triblive.com/local/reg...nty-deer-abuse-case/

Teen pleads guilty, loses hunting license for 15 years in Jefferson County deer abuse case

BRIAN C. RITTMEYER | Friday, May 29, 2020 12:48 p.m.

An 18-year-old seen on video torturing a wounded white-tailed deer in November will serve two years of probation and have his hunting license revoked for 15 years as part of a plea deal, the state Game Commission announced Friday.

Alexander Brock Smith, of Brookville, pleaded guilty May 6 in Jefferson County court to a second-degree misdemeanor count of cruelty to animals and summary counts of disturbance of game or wildlife, unlawful possession of game or wildlife, using lawful devices or methods while hunting and failure to wear the required amount of fluorescent orange while hunting.

In addition to probation and the revocation of his hunting license, Smith will have to perform community service at an animal shelter and through presentations to hunter education classes and sportsmen’s clubs. He was fined $1,650.

Other charges, including more serious felony counts that were filed in January, were dropped in exchange for the guilty pleas, the game commission said.

Smith was charged along with a 17-year-old whose case was resolved in Jefferson County juvenile court Thursday, the commission said. Juvenile court records are not public.

Videos that Smith recorded of the Nov. 30 incident and shared through the social media Snapchat platform were seen by thousands of people worldwide, leading to significant public outrage. The video was turned in to the Game Commission, which launched an investigation.

The 17-year-old shot and wounded a white-tailed buck when he and Smith hunted together on property owned by Smith’s family in Beaver Township, Jefferson County, according to the Game Commission and court documents.

With the buck wounded and immobilized, the teens videotaped themselves kicking and stomping the deer in the head multiple times, according to court papers.

According to the juvenile hunter, who said he had run out of ammunition, he and Smith, who didn’t have a gun, were trying to kill the wounded deer, investigators said.

Game Commission Executive Director Bryan Burhans said that actions depicted in the video are not representative of the hunting community.

“From the start, some of the loudest voices calling for justice in this case were those of hunters, who care deeply about wildlife and have always stepped up to protect it,” Burhans said. “That mindset, passed down through the generations, might be the biggest reason we enjoy healthy and sustainable wildlife populations today.”

Brian C. Rittmeyer is a Tribune-Review staff writer. You can contact Brian at 724-226-4701, brittmeyer@triblive.com or via Twitter .

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9361 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OLBIKER:

Mark Sullivan made lots of money selling stupid videos like these.

He purposely wounds buffalo, sets up all his camera, brad on camera that he lets the buffalo decides how to die!

And we have some members on here who worship him!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66907 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote