Tools

Elk season pics
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of wazza56
posted
Anyone been shooting anything , show ya pics

keep your barrell clean and your powder dry

Posts: 383 | Location: NW West Australia / Onepoto NZ | Registered: 09 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
I went to the Taxidermist on Friday, a lot of nice bulls coming out of all over New Mexico. My hunt starts on the 21st of October.

Saw a honest 400 inch bull there. Normally these bulls are really tall and long. He was fairly long but overly massive. Was hanging from the rafters and I didn't get a good photo or I would have posted it.

There was also a 42 inch stone sheep there. Talk about lucky, and one of Kiwi outfitter Shane Quinns stags and fallow bucks. The stag was probably 380 and the buck was huge for NZ.

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I hope that my son's do when the Utah hunt opens.

We only have two cow tags this year but we are certainly looking forward to going. Although I would love a bull tag, the cow hunt is great as well.

I am going to need to burn my Wyoming points in the near future

Posts: 2640 | Location: Utah | Registered: 23 February 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My nephew shot a great 6x6 this week in CO archery...looks to be a 320’s bull

Shoot straight, shoot often.
Matt

Posts: 1169 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 19 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Austin Hunter
posted Hide Post
I just got back from 10 days archery in GMU 18 in NM. TOUGH. Nothing talking. Eventually started hunting along the Rio Grande. Passed on a 5x5 and two +/- 300" YOUNG bulls. We had a 340+ and 380+ we laid eyes on, but couldn't get them to come in and the wind was NOT our friend.

Sigh. #NoYoungBullsRegardlessofSize

"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid" -- Ronald Reagan

"Ignorance of The People gives strength to totalitarians."

Want to make just about anything work better? Keep the government as far away from it as possible, then step back and behold the wonderment and goodness.

Posts: 3039 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 05 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Austin Hunter:
I just got back from 10 days archery in GMU 18 in NM. TOUGH. Nothing talking. Eventually started hunting along the Rio Grande. Passed on a 5x5 and two +/- 300" YOUNG bulls. We had a 340+ and 380+ we laid eyes on, but couldn't get them to come in and the wind was NOT our friend.

That’s a tough elk unit.

Posts: 3855 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Austin Hunter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DLS:
quote:
Originally posted by Austin Hunter:

That’s a tough elk unit.

Assuming the rut was late.... muzzleloader and rifle season should be fantastic!!!

"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid" -- Ronald Reagan

"Ignorance of The People gives strength to totalitarians."

Want to make just about anything work better? Keep the government as far away from it as possible, then step back and behold the wonderment and goodness.

Posts: 3039 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 05 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
I am 16 days from driving up there. Packed my hunting gear this morning. I need to shoot my rifle a bit more, but I am ready. New 300, I traded that big 300 custom 13 pound rifle for a 10 pound Blaser R8 in 300.

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Until it will become easier to post pics on here, don’t expect much

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by boarkiller:
Until it will become easier to post pics on here, don’t expect much

It is easy to host photos on postimages.org and copy and paste the link here.

~Ann

Posts: 19149 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a couple of photo's on my phone of my elk, but don't know how to post them. It is the one I talked about asking about the 320 elk , and elk in the freezer awhile back. I could text them to someone if they could help out.

Keep yer powder dry and yer knife sharp.

Posts: 582 | Location: Texas City, TX. USA. | Registered: 25 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Outdoor Writer
posted Hide Post
AR doesn't have an option for direct uploading. You first need to upload them somewhere else on the internet, then post here using the URL from the hosting site.

Tony Mandile - Author "How To Hunt Coues Deer"

Posts: 3269 | Location: Glendale, AZ | Registered: 28 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I got one yesterday

Posts: 985 | Location: Southern Idaho | Registered: 24 March 2002Reply With Quote