What is up with TEXAS hunting?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Quick Karl:
quote:
Originally posted by Gatogordo:
Well, if your Uncle can't figure it out having lived in Texas for lo these many years, I can hardly expect you to be any smarter.

Hmmm so you're saying that living in TexASS for many years, some of the TexASS stupidity worked its way into him?

You're a real douchebag - I bet that my Uncle could still kick the shit out of you like the little girl you are.

You are a real wordsmith. Try being tougher when you grow a pair. Don't hide behind your uncle who probably wishes you would get your freeloading ass off to Missouri.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gatogordo:
You are a real wordsmith. Try being tougher when you grow a pair. Don't hide behind your uncle who probably wishes you would get your freeloading ass off to Missouri.

So, you're saying your feelings are all hurt now because you have the tactical brainpower of a tree stump and, not only can you not comprehend what you read but, you cannot think two sentences ahead. And what - you want ME to feel sorry for you?

Go back to beating your wife, fool.

Posts: 4156 | Location: Hell | Registered: 22 August 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I feel sorry for you, but I feel sorrier for your uncle. He has to put up with you in person.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wonder how long before this clown gravitates to the Crater.

He's been here since 2010, but only surfaces on occasions. Two hundred and eighty-four posts in six years, many of which have been made on this thread in the last week.

a real fun "guy"

]

Ya'

donttroll

Just sayin'

GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ya know,

being an ol' fart and not hip anymore I decided to "google" Quick Karl.

Well lo and behold,

quick karl
when someone lays there head in a toilet, then someone sits on there( their, for those that can spell) face and takes a huge shit, its like a warm karl but there is no saran wrap, also its easy to clean because the toilet is right there
hey can u come here for a second, i need a quick karl

http://www.urbandictionary.com....php?term=quick+karl

any coincidence,

Law's a mercy, as my granny used to say.

You can't make this schitt up.

Or can you.

Ya'

JAPPFT,

GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Geedubya:

He's been here since 2010, but only surfaces on occasions. Two hundred and eighty-four posts in six years, many of which have been made on this thread in the last week.

a real fun "guy"

]

Ya'

donttroll

Just sayin'

GWB

You're acting like a girl fer chrissakes...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

a real fun "guy"

]

Ya'

donttroll

Just sayin'

GWB

shirley,
a cunnilinguist, or is it a cunning linguist, should be able to post a more fitting riposte than that. LOL

Ya'

JAPPFT,

GWB

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

a real fun "guy"

]

Ya'

donttroll

Just sayin'

GWB

shirley,
a cunnilinguist, or is it a cunning linguist, should be able to post a more fitting riposte than that. LOL

Ya'

JAPPFT,

GWB

I limit my replies to those that are not borderline grade-school retarded, like your'n

One of Us
posted Hide Post
"Always follow your heart, always give thanks, and always show respect to others." - Native American proverb

Sound like something a "Kool Arrow" would say

Ya'

JAPPFT,

GWB

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

a real fun "guy"

]

Ya'

donttroll

Just sayin'

GWB

shirley,

Ya'

JAPPFT,

GWB

I limit my replies to those that are not borderline grade-school retarded, like your'n

na na na na nah na.

Dish it out but can't take it,

what a Kool Arrow.

JAPPFT,

GWB

One of Us
posted Hide Post

Ya'

QK,

remind me to tell ya' the story of Kool Arrow's vacation to Mexico.

Ya,

GWB

PS: BTW, is it Quick Karl, or Que Kulero? (poetic license and all that)

Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
Quick Karl, I don't like to intervene unless absolutely necessary, but I think you should play nicely with the other kids.

"Ignorance you can correct, you can't fix stupid." JWP

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming.

Semper Fidelis

"Building Carpal Tunnel one round at a time"

Posts: 13440 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 10 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Whitworth:
Quick Karl, I don't like to intervene unless absolutely necessary, but I think you should play nicely with the other kids.

LOL yes sir, I've been tryin! Wink

Duly noted!

One of Us
Picture of Austin Hunter
posted Hide Post
Great range near Austin:

http://www.texasshootingrange.com/

"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid" -- Ronald Reagan

"Ignorance of The People gives strength to totalitarians."

Want to make just about anything work better? Keep the government as far away from it as possible, then step back and behold the wonderment and goodness.

Posts: 3039 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 05 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't know how things work in Texas, but I have a 450 acre farm in Tennessee on which 80 acres is cultivated in soybeans. The deer may belong to the people of the State, but the soybeans belong to me, and the deer make free with them all during the growing season.

I have friends, a married couple, who look after my property, who keep the trails through the woods bush hogged, who put up tree stands and free standing stands all over the property. For them. helping me maintain the property is a year round project. Between my friends and myself and invited guests (I have a passel of nephews who like to hunt, and one friend who is an active duty Marine helicopter pilot) we "harvested" over 20 deer this year, all of which were processed and the meat was either consumed or dietributed to those who needed it, but could not hunt for various reasons.

I feel no compunction at all about barring the public from hunting on my property. It's a free country, and if these people want to hunt, they can euther spend money buying or leasing land or take their chances with a drawing for permits to hunt on public land. Ownership of land is not just a privilege, it is a responsibility, and those who want to enjoy the privileges without the responsibility should be aware of that.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xausa:
I don't know how things work in Texas, but I have a 450 acre farm in Tennessee on which 80 acres is cultivated in soybeans. The deer may belong to the people of the State, but the soybeans belong to me, and the deer make free with them all during the growing season.

I have friends, a married couple, who look after my property, who keep the trails through the woods bush hogged, who put up tree stands and free standing stands all over the property. For them. helping me maintain the property is a year round project. Between my friends and myself and invited guests (I have a passel of nephews who like to hunt, and one friend who is an active duty Marine helicopter pilot) we "harvested" over 20 deer this year, all of which were processed and the meat was either consumed or dietributed to those who needed it, but could not hunt for various reasons.

I feel no compunction at all about barring the public from hunting on my property. It's a free country, and if these people want to hunt, they can euther spend money buying or leasing land or take their chances with a drawing for permits to hunt on public land. Ownership of land is not just a priviledge, it is a responsibility, and those who want to enjoy the privildeges without the responsibility should be aware of that.

I never implied that land-owners should open the gates of their land to anyone that wants to barge in and hunt on their property. But when a State has practically no public hunting opportunities for the non-land-owning-class in a State, the ONLY people that can change that, is the land-owning-class.

I endeavored to draw a parallel between that and, obamacare, for instance - because when those that have, lock those that don't, out of something (through, pricing, for instance), and tell them to go F themselves (especially when, in so many instances that it is sickening, those same folks hire illegal alien low wage laborers), then folks shouldn't be surprised when they vote for the obamas, hillarys, and sanders of the world.

It was a rhetorical statement meant to inspire introspection on the larger issues that are destroying America.

PS. It would be wise to remember that influx of illegal alien low wage laborers in The State of Texas are going to vote for progressive liberals, when given the opportunity to do so...

Those illegal alien low wage laborers could not be here if people were not hiring them.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have hunted in Texas on private property in Texas several times.In fact all were from folks I met on Internet Hunting forums.One was a hunt swap and the other an invite.You would be surprised at how far just being a decent person will get you.If you come off as being a crying whining baby,I would not expect your inbox to be full of offers.Just sayin!!! Big Grin

Posts: 4372 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
Also, whether people want to believe it or not, but since hunting became Big Business in Texas many Texans in rural areas lost the ability to hunt, simply because they could not/can not out bid folks from the more Metropolitan areas simply because those folks earn more money.

Some will dispute that, but I have been observing it since the mid-80's, and things are not getting any better.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OLBIKER:
I have hunted in Texas on private property in Texas several times.In fact all were from folks I met on Internet Hunting forums.One was a hunt swap and the other an invite.You would be surprised at how far just being a decent person will get you.If you come off as being a crying whining baby,I would not expect your inbox to be full of offers.Just sayin!!! Big Grin

So you're saying I should kiss ass so I can hunt somewhere? Somehow, that just sounds un-American to me. Just sayin... Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Crazyhorseconsulting:
Also, whether people want to believe it or not, but since hunting became Big Business in Texas many Texans in rural areas lost the ability to hunt, simply because they could not/can not out bid folks from the more Metropolitan areas simply because those folks earn more money.

Some will dispute that, but I have been observing it since the mid-80's, and things are not getting any better.

Wish I had thought to say it as well!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You gentlemen can take this any way you need to, but I think it is entirely unfair to the working class citizen-hunters of Texas that do not have family or friends that own land to hunt on.

If there were more National Parks or State Lands open to hunting, it would be an entirely different story.

Monopolies are un-American.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hunting is a privileged not a right, even out west on public land.

Posts: 1068 | Location: oregon | Registered: 20 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
quote:

If you would study American History you will find out how wrong that statement is.

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I hunt across texas. Mainly birds, but big game too. There's leases available at very reasonable rates, and there's lots of opportunities for a person looking to do the legwork to find access. And there's actually some great publicly available deer hunting in the panhandle. But the idea that there's a "monopoly" is absurd. There's literally millions of landowners in Texas. By law, you have to control more than 10 acres to hunt on it. That's still hundreds of thousands of opportunities.

While Texas doesn't have similar federal land as other western states, there is ample hunting available. I didn't pay a dime for any of my access. I did repair a bunch of blinds, checked fences and filled feeders. I cultivated relationships for years to get this access. I've turned down a number of leases based on the price, but many more based on the type and quality land.

In short, blaming landowners for keeping strangers from shooting guns on their property is the moral equivalent of blaming people from using bug spray to keep Mosquitos away. Private land open to public hunting leads to conflict, litigation, over hunting and abuse of the land.

If I am working, hunting season is too far away to imagine. If I am getting things ready for hunting season, opening day is perilously close.

Posts: 111 | Location: Llano Estacado | Registered: 12 January 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bigjimttu:
In short, blaming landowners for keeping strangers from shooting guns on their property is the moral equivalent of blaming people from using bug spray to keep Mosquitos away. Private land open to public hunting leads to conflict, litigation, over hunting and abuse of the land.

Are you really implying that I suggested this anywhere, in any post? I think that maybe you might like to go back and re-read what I've posted.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ted thorn:
quote:

If you would study American History you will find out how wrong that statement is.

Do you even know what an anti-trust law is?

Do you know what the Sherman Act of 1890, the Clayton Act of 1914, or the Federal Trade Commission Act of 1914, even are?

Ever heard of the Bell Operating Companies?

Geez!

one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
donttroll

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I never implied that land-owners should open the gates of their land to anyone that wants to barge in and hunt on their property. But when a State has practically no public hunting opportunities for the non-land-owning-class in a State, the ONLY people that can change that, is the land-owning-class.

I endeavored to draw a parallel between that and, obamacare, for instance - because when those that have, lock those that don't, out of something (through, pricing, for instance), and tell them to go F themselves (especially when, in so many instances that it is sickening, those same folks hire illegal alien low wage laborers), then folks shouldn't be surprised when they vote for the obamas, hillarys, and sanders of the world.

It was a rhetorical statement meant to inspire introspection on the larger issues that are destroying America.

PS. It would be wise to remember that influx of illegal alien low wage laborers in The State of Texas are going to vote for progressive liberals, when given the opportunity to do so...

Those illegal alien low wage laborers could not be here if people were not hiring them.

Hey guys - remember this? Or errr maybe you didn't see it, on purpose?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

So you're saying I should kiss ass so I can hunt somewhere? Somehow, that just sounds un-American to me. Just sayin... Big Grin

Kissing ass and being a decent person are totally different.Your reading comprehension is severally limited.

Posts: 4372 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Kissing ass and being a decent person are totally different.Your reading comprehension is severally limited.

I am a decent person. What does practically no public hunting have to do with being a decent person?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
TP&W sold over 1.2M hunting licenses alone for the 2014-15 hunting seasons. Looks like plenty of hunters, including kids have figured out something you can't........there's plenty of opportunity to hunt Texas. You may figure it out once you pull your head out of your asss and quit blubbering about it.

Posts: 2276 | Location: West Texas | Registered: 07 December 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by graybird:
donttroll

I am beginning to think the same thing. Would be interesting to know whether his IP address is the same as some of the others that have come, left a little pile of pooh and then gone . . . like Dopplegangster or whatever the heck his name was. I am suspicious to say the least.

Mike

Posts: 21193 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JGRaider:
TP&W sold over 1.2M hunting licenses alone for the 2014-15 hunting seasons. Looks like plenty of hunters, including kids have figured out something you can't........there's plenty of opportunity to hunt Texas. You may figure it out once you pull your head out of your asss and quit blubbering about it.

Don't you need a hunting license to hunt on private land in Texas?

There are 27-million people in Texas. That comes out to ~04% hunting license... 1.2-mil sounds like a lot when you see it blubbered out of context, huh?

You telling me that out of the 25,800,000 people left over, they ALL just don't want to hunt, or they can't find any place to hunt that they can afford?

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Crazyhorseconsulting:

You can add North Carolina to the same list. I drove two hours once to a piece of land listed in the state game regulations as public, only to find out that the state had leased it to a club. The club had it posted, No Hunting.

OK. These days I hunt public land in the northwest, and sometimes private land in the same areas. I've spent some nice afternoons drinking coffee and yakking with ranch families, days when the weather wasn't friendly to either hunting or mending fences. And a couple of hours helping a rancher drag a cable to his barn and hook it up so he wouldn't need a generator for it. I was lucky enough to be taking a landowner tag back to his place at the end of an afternoon when he could use a little help (but it wasn't hard to have gotten that tag in the first place).

One of the areas where I depart from Libertarian philosophy is public lands, particularly BLM land. Not everything needs to be privatized. I'm happy to leave Texas to Texans, and keep the location of certain valleys and sage flats, quiet.

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14363 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

There are 27-million people in Texas. That comes out to ~04% hunting license... 1.2-mil sounds like a lot when you see it blubbered out of context, huh?

You telling me that out of the 25,800,000 people left over, they ALL just don't want to hunt, or they can't find any place to hunt that they can afford?

I'm telling you exactly what I told you the first time......1.2M hunters have figured it out, and you're too stupid to do the same.

Posts: 2276 | Location: West Texas | Registered: 07 December 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

I'm telling you exactly what I told you the first time......1.2M hunters have figured it out, and you're too stupid to do the same.

Awww are your sensitive little feelings hurt? Did I use math that was too much for you to comprehend?

Its dumbasses like you that make Texas what it is. I've met a few fine folks here but I've met a lot of stupid morons like you, too. And more so than any place else I've ever lived.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

You asked a question like this, and I'm a dumbass.......Keep typing, you're doing good.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

You asked a question like this, and I'm a dumbass.......Keep typing, you're doing good.

It was a rhetorical question you illiterate moron. You'll have to go look that up to know what it means. I'll wait... coffee

One of Us
posted Hide Post
QK,

IMHO you should change your sobriquet to KoolArrow,

just think who you could "channel"

It would be much more apropos

Ya'

GWB

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
QK,

IMHO you should change your sobriquet to KoolArrow,

just think who you could "channel"

It would be much more apropos

Ya'

GWB

And you should change yours to "blistering idiot".