THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Anyone hunt at FTW Ranch? This is the SAAM school place

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone hunt at FTW Ranch? This is the SAAM school place
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Anyone hunt at the FTW ranch where the SAAM school is held?
What did you think?

Posts: 10135 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
It isn't cheap by exotic ranch standards, but I would wonder how the quality is.

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have not hunted it but did tour the ranch a couple years ago. It is rough country. Steep canyons and lots of hills.

Perry

Posts: 2246 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 01 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've not shot critters on the ranch, but I've been there several times for filming, shooting, etc. Been all over the ranch...great place, great accommodations / food, and really good people too!

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4884 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Going for whitetail over thanksgiving this year. Did 4 day safari prep last year. I thought the place was great. Tim is top notch. Saw fallow, axis black buck and whitetail all day everyday. Saw some red sheep. Serious country. I do not think you will be disappointed if you are ok hunting behind the wire. At 12,000 acres I am sure most deer haveno idea there is a fence.
Food was great accommodations.very nice

Posts: 718 | Location: va | Registered: 30 January 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am thinking the same thing after seeing that place. Very remote and rough country.

Posts: 10135 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tim is a good guy and a good neighbor, they have a heck of a setup. I share a fence line with him and it is very rough rocky country there.

Remote? I dunno.....

Posts: 41766 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote