THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    New Orleans just banned all ammo and guns sales and transportation

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Orleans just banned all ammo and guns sales and transportation
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
This virus stuff could cancel hunting season this year .THAT would really suck .Our turkey season starts this weekend .I hope this virus gets gone with warmer weather . There are lots of places here in GA already out of ammo and others not selling it .I think this whole thing is just to get Trump out of office . It could possibly stop hunting in the fall of its not gone .Whats going on where you are at ?

Posts: 2534 | Registered: 21 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
This virus stuff could cancel hunting season this year

Why out in the country away from everybody else would be one of the safest places to be.

Posts: 19362 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of erict
posted Hide Post
FALSE - "New Orleans just banned all ammo and guns sales and transportation"

TRUE - "New Orleans Mayor Issues Executive Order Allowing Ban on Sale and Transportation of Guns". Link at: Executive Order

....nevertheless, thanks for bringing the topic to our attention.

"Listen more than you speak, and you will hear more stupid things than you say."

Posts: 705 | Location: near Albany, NY | Registered: 06 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
New Orleans did this stuff when Katherine after math.

He state legislature needs to pass a statute preventing parish and city governments from passing firearms laws. Kentucky has such a law. It is the only thing that has saved our Lexington and Louisville friends.

Posts: 10837 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Read the proclamation. The "Emergency Authority" is empowered to limit or prohibit the sale of beer, gasoline, and fireworks, as well as firearms and ammunition "as necessary". Not that the Emergency Authority has done so.

This is boiler plate language which is authorized by state law in Louisiana. Is it overly broad? Perhaps. But the time to complain about it is when the legislature is writing laws, not when a mayor exercises the powers granted to him or her.

Posts: 13232 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
Can prohibit the sale of "beer", but says nothing about wine or spirits.
Tell me that makes sense!

Posts: 4227 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
makes sense to someone [in charge]

Posts: 4969 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Neither alcohol nor guns have ever killed anyone.

People do.

Non stop.

Even without alcohol or guns.

Politicians are just plain stupid.

Just look what New York has done.

No more punishment for a lot of crimes.

Make the punishment fit the crime, and crimes will stop.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66936 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
Neither alcohol nor guns have ever killed anyone.

People do.

Non stop.

Even without alcohol or guns.

Politicians are just plain stupid.

Just look what New York has done.

No more punishment for a lot of crimes.

Make the punishment fit the crime, and crimes will stop.

When you have Politicians who worry about criminals feelings and ignore their constituents ,the end is near.

Posts: 4372 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TCLouis:
Can prohibit the sale of "beer", but saysy nothing about wine or spirits.
Tell me that makes sense!

The actual proclamation simply says "alcohol" which would include all alcoholic beverages.

Posts: 13232 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
NJ gov. Murphy shut down the NJ instant back round check system on Saturday.
Declared firearm sales Non Essential

Posts: 154 | Location: Sourland Mt. , NJ | Registered: 14 May 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
They are releasing tons of criminals on early release.
The Walmart by my parents already got ransacked
Next is people's houses. THE gas stations and banks are closing there too .The guns all sold and ammo is mostly gone .We were also told the mask would do no good a month ago but now govt needs mask for doctors. IT won't
Be long till all out total free for all .You must be able to protect your family .I hope some dads teach their kids how to reload during all this .

Posts: 2534 | Registered: 21 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dgr416:
Next is people's houses. THE gas stations and banks are closing there too .The guns all sold and ammo is mostly gone .We were also told the mask would do no good a month ago but now govt needs mask for doctors. IT won't
Be long till all out total free for all .You must be able to protect your family .I hope some dads teach their kids how to reload during all this .

I have a friend who owns a general store in a small town. He has plenty of guns on the shelf and lots of ammunition. He says that there is some uptick in ammunition sales (he gets calls from expatriates living in larger cities who can't find ammunition), but he says he has no intention to restock either guns or ammunition no matter if he sells completely out. That's because of the huge hoard most people have from the previous "confiscation" scares. He figures that doubling their hordes, which will be several lifetimes worth of ammunition, will make the market VERY slow when things return to normal.

If you are in desperate need of either guns or ammunition drop me a PM and I'll send you his contact information.

As for me personally, I'm going out on my ranch this afternoon to burn up some of my ammunition for pure entertainment. I guess I'll just let the zombies eat me if I run out of ammo due to having squandered it for fun.

Oh yeah, don't forget to stock your bomb shelter with MRE's.

One of Us
Picture of chuck375
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Stonecreek:
Read the proclamation. The "Emergency Authority" is empowered to limit or prohibit the sale of beer, gasoline, and fireworks, as well as firearms and ammunition "as necessary". Not that the Emergency Authority has done so.

This is boiler plate language which is authorized by state law in Louisiana. Is it overly broad? Perhaps. But the time to complain about it is when the legislature is writing laws, not when a mayor exercises the powers granted to him or her.

Doesn't the U.S. Constitution apply to New Orleans?

Regards,

Chuck

"There's a saying in prize fighting, everyone's got a plan until they get hit"

Michael Douglas "The Ghost And The Darkness"

Posts: 4729 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: 01 January 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
No she did not here is the real story.

https://www.ammoland.com/2020/...on-gun-confiscation/

one of us
posted Hide Post
Really if you didn't have a gun and ammo before Why should we care? The people that that didn't are sheep that are panic driven fence sitters. Being able to take care of yourself is part of being an adult

When there's lead in the air, there's hope!!!!

Posts: 423 | Location: Ticonderoga NY | Registered: 19 March 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:

nilly nilly nilly

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying I'm not concerned with prisons releasing inmates, especially if they are violent felons, which I'm not sure those are the ones being released, but to incite panic in the form of "it won't be long til all out free for all." is a bit over the top. Quite a bit over as a matter of fact.

One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Todd Williams:
quote:

nilly nilly nilly

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying I'm not concerned with prisons releasing inmates, especially if they are violent felons, which I'm not sure those are the ones being released, but to incite panic in the form of "it won't be long til all out free for all." is a bit over the top. Quite a bit over as a matter of fact.

Todd
I completely agree. Some people live in the doom and gloom world of pessimism, I for one don't buy it.
With this downturn in work I've been doing more shooting and generally having fun at my place. I went to the grocery store the other day, first time in over 2 weeks and our store was out of some things but I got everything on my normal list. I didn't try to stock up I always am fairly well prepared. "IF" food got short I'd go through my camping/ hunting totes and be good for a few more weeks, meanwhile I'll continue to eat well from my freezer full of game meat and Halibut and salmon and have fun shooting during my free time.
I can't see any threat of hunting seasons closing down, ridiculous.

Posts: 5603 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Here in Las Vegas and the surrounding suburbs, Metro police were initially going to gun shops in an effort to get them to shut down. That lasted about a DAY, and a local second amendment attorney sent the democratic Governor and other government officials a letter telling them to cease and desist in their efforts to close any gun shops. That was because after Hurricane Katrina, the republican controlled Nevada legislature (at that time), in 2007, passed a law and the republican governor (at that time) signed into law, a law that prohibited the closure of any gun shops during a natural/and or other disaster. Big Grin tu2 Our gun shops are and will remain open. tu2

One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
Our AG declared gun stores as “essential businesses.”

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3433 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of packrattusnongratus
posted Hide Post
I guess I am like a crook. If I need a gun I will buy one. Read the second amendment to the constitution. It is plain English. If you don't understand it get some training in reading comprehension. I you won't, go to live in Russia, Cuba, Venezuela, or some other workers' paradise. Be Well, Packy.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Banning ammunition sales in Louisiana will only affect recently arrived liberals, everyone else would be already stocked up.

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14372 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Read the second amendment to the constitution. It is plain English. If you don't understand it get some training in reading comprehension

A lot of judges I have learned can not understand plain English.

one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Todd Williams:
quote:

nilly nilly nilly

…...…......….Absolutely!!! old MacD37

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote