Find
Notify
Tools

Vote NO on Question 1 Please
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Folks,

This isn't exactly hunting related but of concern to American hunters. Question 1 in the up coming Nevada voting is to expand background checks to eliminate the gun show "Loophole". That to a lot of folks and even some gun owners makes perfect sense. Thing is that it also means if a friend gives me a gun to store, mount a scope or give it a good cleaning we both have to go to a dealer and do a background check or we're breaking the law. If I let a friend take a gun to the range without me being present at the range and we did not do a background check we are breaking the law.

This is or will be voted on across the country. When this comes up just vote NO.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12865 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cougarz
posted Hide Post
The so called gun show loophole law that is of course intentionally misleading. Its really aimed at private sales.

The law was voted into effect in Wasington state last year. Since that time no one has ever been arrested for it because it's unenforceable. Law enforcement here doesn't even try. It's just another feel good law foiced on voters who don't think about what they're voting for by people who want to keep it that way.

Hopefully it doesn't pass in your state.

Roger

*we band of 45-70ers*

Posts: 2796 | Location: Washington (wetside) | Registered: 08 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Since that time no one has ever been arrested

There now as been one arrest I think that the person arrested sold the firearm to a person who committed murder with it.

Posts: 19362 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I live in Washington state. I wouldn't sell a gun around the law. I don't want to be the guy caught in a sting operation set up by the anti's.

Dave

Posts: 2086 | Location: Seattle Washington, USA | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You are correct there is NO "gun show loophole", never has been, never was!

We need to call everyone out on this that ever mentions it.

It is nothing but an underhanded lying way of stopping individual transfer of a firearm.

Dad to Son, Uncle to Nephew, friend to friend....Further restriction of our God given second amendment confirmed right to bear arms!

Posts: 41769 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote