THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    POLL: Most Annoying TV Personality in the Hunting Community?
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

POLL: Most Annoying TV Personality in the Hunting Community?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of SkyJacker
posted
I was watching the outdoor channel this morning and combing back and forth between my favorite hunting shows as usual during the offseason. Of course, wthout fail the one person who annoys me the most comes on TV.

Stan Potts for me is easily the most annoying TV personality in the hunting community. The next most annoying are the guys from The Flyway Highway.

Everytime Stan Potts harvests an animal he starts having a Coming to Jesus session and looks like he's going to break out in an epileptic fit. I'm from the South. I like a good Southern Accent. Stan Potts may be the only southerner who's draw annoys me. Not to mention his crazy stare all the time that looks like two glass eyes.

Second on the list aree guys from the Flyway Highway. If I hear "Wack 'Em And Stack 'Em" one more time, I may shoot myself.

I know some of you will disagree and I know some of you are annoyed by other TV personalities.

On the flip side, my favorite three TV personalities are Jim Shockey, Lee and Tiffany Lakosky. But last time I watched a show with Lee and Tiffany, I saw Stan Potts. Ugh.

Question:
Who is the most annoying TV personality in the Hunting Community?

Choices:
Stan Potts
Jackie Bushman
Bill Jordan
Jim Zumbo
Ted Nugent
other: please explain

Posts: 177 | Location: Savannah, GA | Registered: 13 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Josh K.
posted Hide Post
Yep, Stan Potts is a giant Douche Bag...that's for sure. One other guy that i just cannot stand is that dill weed ONeil something or another... whatever his name is...he makes me want to dive head first off my roof.

Posts: 362 | Location: St.Louis Mo | Registered: 15 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Eland Slayer
posted Hide Post
In my opinion......nobody comes accross as a bigger prick than Dave Watson. I can't stand that guy. I'll have to agree with SkyJacker about Shockey and the Lakosky's. They are great.......and Tiffany is VERY easy on the eyes Big Grin. Although I am disappointed to see Ted Nugent on the list of most annoying. I'll admit that he's a strange guy, but he is one of my absolute favorites, mainly because of his views and how he's not affraid to voice his opinion.

Hunt Report - South Africa 2022

Wade Abadie - Wild Shot Photography
Website | Facebook | Instagram

Posts: 3106 | Location: Hockley, TX | Registered: 01 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just GOTTA throw in some support for Stan Potts. I don't have cable or satellite and barely have antenna reception but have read his articles and watched his video tapes and dvds,or others with him included,for years and have always admired and enjoyed his enthusiasm. I hope he keeps at it. Ya gotta bop til ya drop!

til later

One of Us
posted Hide Post
IMO it is Tred Barta, not sure if I have the spelling correct. He is the most annoying and dangereous out there. Once saw him trying to hunt duck with a long bow. He was flinging arrows into the air with no concern on where they were going. I saw a bunch of cows off in the back ground and wondered how many were injured. He is a real nut case.

Good Hunting,

Posts: 3143 | Location: Duluth, GA | Registered: 30 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SkyJacker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Culpepper:
IMO it is Tred Barta, not sure if I have the spelling correct. He is the most annoying and dangereous out there. Once saw him trying to hunt duck with a long bow. He was flinging arrows into the air with no concern on where they were going. I saw a bunch of cows off in the back ground and wondered how many were injured. He is a real nut case.

Reminds me of the time I saw Ted Nugent flinging blunt tip arrows at Giraffe's butts just to mess with a herd. Not one of Uncle Ted's better moments.

One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Culpepper:

I refuse to watch Tred Barta. He is an idiot

"Let me start off with two words: Made in America"

Posts: 3315 | Location: Permian Basin | Registered: 16 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Josh K.
posted Hide Post
Almost forgot about good ole Tred. That guy is NOT a sportsman..some of the crap that he pulls leaves me shaking my head.

Posts: 362 | Location: St.Louis Mo | Registered: 15 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tally up another vote for Stan Potts, I can't stand that moron.

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence"-Carl Sagan

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'll agree, Uncle Ted can act a little wacky sometimes but he's gone to battle for us over and over again. He's earned a place at my campfire anytime.

Steve

Posts: 182 | Location: On the Yentna River, Ak. | Registered: 23 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted Hide Post
Jackie "Great Shot!" Bushman!

Every shot is a "great shot"....especially the gut shots they have to recover the next morning.

There is room for all of God's creatures....right next to the mashed potatoes.
http://texaspredatorposse.ipbhost.com/

Posts: 3065 | Location: Hondo, Texas USA | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
I'm getting to the point of not enjoying any of them. The novlety has worn off I'm afraid.

Posts: 7360 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am getting where I cannot stand any of them. I have never seen so many overly emotional bitches in my life.

Tred Barta has to get the gold for being the biggest idiot

Stan Potts should apply to be on "The View".

Free men should not be subjected to permits, paperwork and taxation in order to carry any firearm. NRA Benefactor

Posts: 1652 | Location: Deer Park, Texas | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SkyJacker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 30378:
Stan Potts should apply to be on "The View".

Now THAT is funny.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yep that idiot potts has to be the worst and also all of the dramma queen actors when they supposedly make a kill.
I will also give a vote of confidence to Shockey and another is Mike Eastman and his crew.

Rad

NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 344 | Location: Bean Town in the worthless nut state | Registered: 23 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Toomany Tools
posted Hide Post
My vote goes to Barta. I absolutely can not watch that blowhard. I saw one show and when he started berating his own young son I turned it off. His behavior was shamful; man like that doesn't deserve the blessing of children.

John Farner

If you haven't, please join the NRA!

Posts: 2933 | Location: Corrales, NM, USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Eland Slayer
posted Hide Post
Dear Lord.....I forgot all about Barta. I can't stand him either!!

Posts: 3106 | Location: Hockley, TX | Registered: 01 October 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I can't recall his name, but the guy on McMillan River Adventures is just a total idiot, IMO. And his camera guy is right behind him. I refuse to watch that show. Tred is also hard to like, but once in a while I do find him amusing. Stan Potts is no southern boy, he grew up and still lives in northern IL.

Posts: 1148 | Location: The Hunting Fields | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SkyJacker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by John S:
I can't recall his name, but the guy on McMillan River Adventures is just a total idiot, IMO. And his camera guy is right behind him. I refuse to watch that show. Tred is also hard to like, but once in a while I do find him amusing. Stan Potts is no southern boy, he grew up and still lives in northern IL.

No wonder I hate it. I knew he was trying to have an accent and failed miserably.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Tred Barta, yuck...

Before all else, be armed.

Machiavelli

Posts: 364 | Location: Hawaii | Registered: 30 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
Actually, I've found Bill Jordan to be annoying too. His pseudo-excitment about anything continues to make me roll my eyes. It's like he's too much "all business."

Stan Potts, or should it really be Stan Putz? I think so.

Don't know who Barta is...never heard of him.

I enjoy lookin at the hot bisquits on the various shows though. When Tiffany is on, it's EYE Candy time.

I still enjoy Jim Shockey but I've talked with a few hunters at various airports and some that have met him say he has an extraordinary ego and is more than full of himself. I prefer humble folks myself, but I have nothing against confidence. It's arrogance I cannot stand.

Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my guns

one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doc:
I prefer humble folks myself, but I have nothing against confidence. It's arrogance I cannot stand.

If this is the case, then you DAMN sure wouldn't like Tred Barta!!!!!

He does make me laugh from time to time because he is such a F'in idiot! Even my wife doesn't like him, and she doesn't even watch the hunting shows.

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Id have to throw in another vote for barta, Supposedly he "Does it the hard way, the barta way". i dont think anything he does is the right way. And one i love to watch is the Get wild show with Cindy garrison shes smokin. and an excellent shot and shes not afraid to get down and dirty to get her harvest, although i think tiffany may be hotter.

http://www.bowhunting.net/artman/uploads/fh-cindy-garrison.jpg

Posts: 163 | Location: York Pa | Registered: 21 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I forgot one, Jimmy houston, im not a big fisherman, but that guys laugh and voice drive me up the wall I cant watch him for a second.

Posts: 163 | Location: York Pa | Registered: 21 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gotta love the personality in the Gettin Close show with the Lokowskys...well done.

Annoying or not I have to say when its 110 degree heat index here in South Tx. keeping the heart fire burning with ANY hunting show is a good thing. Even if its the "Barta way".

Perry

Posts: 2246 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 01 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I quit watching all of the shows, got boring.
But if you want to laugh, try and find the out takes with Bill Dance, not his shows, You will roll on the floor!

Posts: 4068 | Location: Bakerton, WV | Registered: 01 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I enjoy Shockey's show. I met last year in a market in Istanbul, Turkey. He was nothing but pleasent and professionsal. He actually seemed interested in us and our hunt. I didn't get any sense that he was full of himself or had an extraordinarily big ego.

The thing that frustrates me about many of these shows are all of the fake set up shots. We all know they don't have 10 cameras in the field. But still manage to show a close up of the hunter taking the safety off or nocking an arrow in, or a close up of the hunter with his eye to the scope, or the camera in FRONT (how dangerous would this really be?) of the hunter before the shot etc. We know that so many of these shots were set up after the kill. I like the over the shoulder real deal.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was in a caribou camp,when Bushman and his crew flew in.They thought they owned the place.They didn't leave one cent for a tip for their guides.

Posts: 285 | Location: Red Hook,NY | Registered: 17 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Boddington,

Posts: 6080 | Location: New York City "The Concrete Jungle" | Registered: 04 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Eland Slayer
posted Hide Post
I also forgot to mention that I'm a big fan of Keith Warren. His show is very down to earth and realistic. I've met him several times and he is a stand-up guy.

One of Us
Picture of Grumulkin
posted Hide Post
For me it's Tred Barta.

Zim Jumbo, or is it Jim Zumbo is a close second.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Ohio, U.S.A. | Registered: 31 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Hunt-ducks
posted Hide Post
I can't stand any of them that laught screem roll on the ground after a kill what a bunch of bsflag

If I ever see another turkey or whitetail hunt from a stand it' to soon. horse

Can't stand most of them whitetail hunters like bushmen and jordan and that whole group, ask the folks in northern Montana if they ever want to see them thumbdown

Posts: 450 | Location: CA. | Registered: 15 May 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jb
posted Hide Post
I havent seen one I like yet.

SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

Posts: 2937 | Location: minnesota | Registered: 26 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
jb + 1. I have the good fortune of not having cable or satelite tv. I dont even watch local channels, I have my own life to live not someone else's.
I have been amused when I go over to a friends house and they have hunting shows on and watch how the "hunters" react to "kill shots" or shamelessly advertise what ever widget they are pushing. I also laugh when they contine to talk in a hushed tone aftert the hunt is over. I saw one where the guy was squatting with the dead animal in front of a running diesel pick-up truck, still whispering as if he were in a tree stand....dumb.
As far as most annoying and embarrasing to watch was some guy with a Garth Brooks looking cowboy hat on with a bunch of his buddies telling him what a great hunter he was. Very lame stuff.
Turn the TV off, go outside. Grow a garden, read, go hunting, go fishing, go for a walk, make love to a beautiful woman.....
Live YOUR life, dont sit on your butt watching someone else's.

The Hunt goes on forever, the season never ends.

I didn't learn this by reading about it or seeing it on TV. I learned it by doing it.

Posts: 729 | Location: Central TX | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You forgot to put that idiot Colorado Buck on your poll, what a douchebag.

I can't stand Tred Barta, what a moron.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Have been in camp with Buck McNeele HUNTER EXSTROND what a croc!!!! Buck Mc Elmer Fud Boddington first time I met him he came across as a a-hole but have sat and talked to him four or five times since and have found him to be very good company! Jackie Bushman ---NOT it,s all about the money and he is a member of the lucky sperm club and acts like it. Uncle Ted if you look past the wack and stack part he is a good guy that really cares about hunting and our rights and is very vocal about it. Jim Zumbow the two times I have been around him he acted like he was the star of the show and was pretty high on himself. Not very approcable. Thats all the the guys I have had personal contact with and can really comment on.

Posts: 60 | Location: Kilgore TX | Registered: 09 September 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Tred barta is the reason i don't watchany of those shows anymore. What a rectal oriface.
Paul B.

Posts: 2814 | Location: Tucson AZ USA | Registered: 11 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I canceled all the programing. THey all suck! Zumbo is the worst of the worst! If any person on this forum had the fortitude to produce a show, they could do as good. Most outdoor writers and tv personalites, simply sell their over sized egos! Most are putz's, and could not hold down a real job!

McNeely is right in there at the top!

Posts: 10478 | Location: N.W. Wyoming | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
lets' not forget that every sports tv show is designed for entertainment. entertainment requires "personalities". those that lack personality, or the ability to hold an audience, fade fast. think of the old shows which are no longer on the air. it is all about the money!

i don't watch any deer hunting, no turkey, no african hunting over a controlled water holes, and only some elk hunts. seen one, seen them all. i will usually watch a show if the hunter is using traditional archery tackle.

Posts: 678 | Location: lived all over | Registered: 06 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bushman is the worst in my books. Some one earlier pegged it...."Great Gutshot".

Now I've met Jim Shockey several times. Good guy. Treated me very well.

Hunting is not a matter of life or death....It's much more important

Posts: 338 | Location: Abbotsford BC | Registered: 20 October 2006Reply With Quote