Find
Notify
Tools

Who do you like
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
I get sick of every internet and TV personality and hunting show after just a couple of episodes. Sooner or later, every one of them comes across as self serving, holier than thou, grandiose, ego maniacal or just fake.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12525 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed Richard Mann's Wildcraft both the Texas and Africa versions.

I enjoyed Ron Spomer in the 2nd season in Texas.

Did not enjoy any of the other writers that made up the two seasons namely Len Waldron and Luke Hartle.

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
Nick Hoffman is really good and he seems to love everything he does (I know it’s not hard to). He also adds in history and culture to his shows. He is one of the only North American hunters I watch besides Shockey.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3433 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well I suppose it beats watching tennis or house renewing on sat morn..
Ray

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41820 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Eland Slayer
posted Hide Post
In my opinion.....Steven Rinella, Jim Shockey, and Colion Noir are some of the most important hunting/gun advocates we have right now. I wish we could add about a dozen more just like them.

Hunt Report - South Africa 2022

Wade Abadie - Wild Shot Photography
Website | Facebook | Instagram

Posts: 3106 | Location: Hockley, TX | Registered: 01 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
I didn't know Colon Noir was doing stuff on hunting.

He's amazing!

I have a 65 year old black coworker. Like me he was a police officer for a while, spent 20 years in the military and is a gun guy.

But for some reason he is still a liberal. I don't get it.

He hates Candice and the Hodge Twins, with a passion I'll ad.

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MARK H. YOUNG:
I don't know Boddington. I only briefly met him once and have had a few e-mail exchanges with him. I read most of Boddington's earlier work and in my opinion he knows his shit and doesn't mind telling you he fucked up. When a newbie safari client asks what he should read I always refer him to Boddington's books. His books are informative and not slanted to make Craig look like a super hero.Mark

+1

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Shooting Channel-TSC on YouTube is top notch and geared to getting new and young shooters into shooting sports.

They are very professional.

We need an American version.

Posts: 10805 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bud Meadows
posted Hide Post
My two favorites are Hornady Dark and Dangerous and Tracks Across Africa. Right behind them are Jim Shockey, Steve Rinella and Nick Hoffman. Programs I refuse to watch are Pigman and Buckmasters.

Jesus saves, but Moses invests

Posts: 1382 | Location: Lake Bluff, IL | Registered: 02 May 2008Reply With Quote