THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Woman sparks fury by skinning a husky claiming it is a wolf

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Woman sparks fury by skinning a husky claiming it is a wolf
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
https://www.dailystar.co.uk/ne...oman-sparks-28091894

Link to photos and article.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9348 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tFHsDuLXDo

News broadcast on story.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Bloody hell!

Even I could tell this not a wolf! rotflmo

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66762 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Bizarre.

~Ann

Posts: 19127 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very odd story. Unfortunately very bad press for hunting also.

http://www.dr-safaris.com/
Instagram: dr-safaris

Posts: 2064 | Location: Around the wild pockets of Europe | Registered: 09 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
Bloody hell!

Even I could tell this not a wolf! rotflmo

Ha ha ha rotflmo

Posts: 2638 | Location: Utah | Registered: 23 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Shooting a dog was the second most stupid thing that she did...putting it online was the first

What's wrong with people?the

Posts: 195 | Registered: 03 September 2022Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Idiot… 2020 cuckoo

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13104 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of crshelton
posted Hide Post
WRT shooting a loose dog on private property such as a farm or ranch may not be that uncommon.
I am aware of multiple cases where ranchers and law enforcement have shot packs of dogs to protect livestock and humans.
On multiple hunts, a landowner has asked me to shoot a coyote or dog on their property.

However, that was far as it went as such animal would usually be badly damaged by a bullet from a deer rifle. Where I grew up in the Texas Panhandle it was common to hang such dead coyotes on a ranch fence near a gate.

It is the responsibility of the owner of a dog to take care of it and prevent it from running loose -- period. Otherwise a car may hit it or it might experience other fatal accidents.

NRA Life Benefactor Member,
DRSS, DWWC, Whittington
Center,Android Reloading
Ballistics App at
http://www.xplat.net/

Posts: 2293 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 25 May 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Most likely no crime committed.

I would bet no hunting lic. is needed to shoot a dog.

Prime dog fur is just as good as prime wolf fur.

Even if she thought it was a wolf.

The dog was part of 11 that were abandoned in the area.

Most likely a team of sled dogs no one wanted any more.

Good reddens stray dogs quickly become live stock and wildlife killers.

Posts: 19314 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
But, but, but, it was attacking her. What a crock of shit. If she is so stupid she can’t tell a husky from a wolf, she shouldn’t be in possession of a gun. barf

One of Us
Picture of drummondlindsey
posted Hide Post
Made the NY Post too.

This is why we can’t have nice things. Social Media “influencers” continue to do stupid shit and hurt us all

Posts: 2091 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good reason to make sure your dog stays home. Around here, wandering dogs have short lives.

Grizz

When the horse has been eliminated, human life may be extended an average of five or more years.
James R. Doolitle

I think they've been misunderstood. Timothy Tredwell

Posts: 1577 | Location: Central Alberta, Canada | Registered: 20 July 2019Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Fence your damn yard! Around here people let their dogs run loose because it’s rural. Then they post wanted signs everywhere because their dog hasn’t come home. Stupid…….

One of Us
posted Hide Post
People suck. What do we expect?

one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Grizzly Adams1:
Good reason to make sure your dog stays home. Around here, wandering dogs have short lives.

Grizz

as it should be.

Posts: 5691 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Back in the early 80's a constable friend of mine.

Gave a local family many warnings about their pack of 5 dogs running loose causing problems in a small village.

One day as we were sitting in a cruisers by the local park. The pack came running across the ball diamond.

My friend jumps out pulls out his Mini-14 and lays then all out with 5 shots.

After the 3rd one a car with Il. plates pulls in and watches the last two fall.

They were just screaming that he couldn't do that.

I kindly informed them that under Wis. law at that time it was fully lawful. They left in a huff.

After the killing my friend went over to the families house issued 5 citations for letting their dogs run loose. Then he told them to go clean up the ball diamond.

The next day I was called into the sheriff's office.

He was going to ream me a new one but really couldn't do anything to me. As I was just a witness. He couldn't do anything to the duly elected constable. either.

The dog owners paid the fines. One of them ran for constable the next election and lost because they were a bunch of scum bags.

During my time with the sheriff's department the county never had a pound. The cure for stay dogs was shooting them.

One of Us
Picture of crshelton
posted Hide Post
YOUR WISCONSIN CUREALSO WORKS IN TEXAS.

NRA Life Benefactor Member,
DRSS, DWWC, Whittington
Center,Android Reloading
Ballistics App at
http://www.xplat.net/

Posts: 2293 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 25 May 2009Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
We have a lot of animals, in various large enclosures, here at my house.

Our gate is open during day time because of lots of traffic.

I also have an open land behind my house, where many people walk their dogs.

One specific English lady had two Dobermans.

They used to leave that area and run into my house, and chase the animals from outside the fences.

We asked here several times, to keep her dogs out, no chance.

Last time I spoke to her she said I should close my gate.

I answered her that next time the dogs come into my house, I will shoot them.

I was away on safari, and when I came back I was told the dogs have been in several times.

Next after they came in.

2 shots, two dead dogs.

She went ballistic, started crying.

I called the police.

After a lot of screaming, the police told her it was her fault, and if I wished to press charges, they will arrest her.

That was the end of it.

This was nothing I enjoyed doing.

We have had dogs as far as I can remember, and treat them like members of our family.

We gave three now, and on many nights they share our bed with us.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66762 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I like my dogs as much as anyone likely could.

We have accidentally left our enclosed gate open twice in the past 3 years. On the first
instance, their tracking collars were charging. Fortunately, a nice gentleman brought them back
to us. The second time, they had their collars on and my wife promptly found them. With that
said, it was OUR fault and would have been our fault if they would have been hit.

I had a neighbor that was as big of a jerk as I have had experience with. He usually was good at keeping
his pit bulls locked up. However, on one occasion they were running around my house and I had small kids at
the time. I was not sure what my legal rights were and I spoke to a friend who was a local highway patrolman.
He told me that if they were on my property to just shoot them. I am glad that soon after the owner locked them
back up and I did not have to.

There are idiots who let their pets run wild and are too dumb to acknowledge there is a problem, even when they are
warned many times. It happens in our area all the time. These are the type of people who will run to social media
to plead their case when something goes wrong. It's too bad the dog is the one who had to pay the consequence and
not the stupid owner.

Posts: 2638 | Location: Utah | Registered: 23 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
I get quite irritated with people who claim their dogs are their family and would kill anyone who killed their straying, livestock killing dogs. If you love your pet that much, keep it on your own property at all times.

~Ann

Posts: 19127 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A lot of self-righteousness on here. I have, over the years, had several dogs show up at our place and never saw the need to shoot any of them.
In this particular instance, the woman could have chosen to take the dog home as a pet or she could shoot it, skin it, and post on social media. Plainly, she chose the latter course. Regards, Bill

Posts: 3491 | Location: Elko, B.C. Canada | Registered: 19 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
When I received a call of a stray dog.

I would tell the caller their choice.

Keep it

Find it a home

Kill it.

If I come out I'll kill it.

50 percent would keep it or find it a home

10 percent would dispose of it.

The other 40 percent would meet their end with a load of county issue OO.

A few dogs over a life time is nothing to dozens being abandon a year.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
We got a different read on this here in this part of the country. I seems there were a number of dogs abandoned by local people when they left the area for whatever reason. They were "Husky" type dogs and game dept and whoever were killing them. I could not attest to whether they were "wolf Hybrids" or not but that is a bit of a problem we have had in this corner of the tri-state area over the last few years with coastal transplants to the area raising these types of animals.

In our own farming community a California couple moved to the area and was raising wolf/husky hybrids for sale. They divorced and left the country. They opened their kennels when they left so the animals "could run free and return to the wild"!!! Our area had lamas and sheep killed. A group of school kids were ran into a bus shelter but no one was hurt. One farmer killed two, a bow hunter killed one and the game dept. killed 2. If I remember correctly there were 5 total. We thought we had a transient wolf pack but it proved to be the hybrids. This women was still a fool for publicizing it. From what I read, it looked as if there was a bit of media embellishment to bias the article a bit more.

Posts: 513 | Location: NE Washington | Registered: 27 September 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
This women was still a fool for publicizing it. From what I read, it looked as if there was a bit of media embellishment to bias the article a bit more.

The media is anti hunting, anti firearms.

They work at making hunters and firearms look bad.

One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
Mistakes were made in the hunting fields for the past 250,000 years.

Shooting the husky pup and putting her photos on social media turned the mistake into a national nightmare for her.

She will suffer more than any man who would have done the same will do. If she is tough, she will turn the other cheek and go into hiding and eventually people will stop talking about her.

If she isn't tough she will be like the several female hunters who have been harassed into taking their own life.

Either way I feel for her.

She needs our compassion, not our vengence.

Posts: 7763 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
At every step, she did this to herself. All her pain is self inflicted. Nobody "outed her".

Everyone talks about their right to bear arms and their right to hunt. Now we are talking about the silent unspoken responsibility that comes with it. I think she can be example to us that we are 100% responsible for what we do. This should be used in every hunter ed class.

I do not believe she will be comforted by the fact that she is not alone in being a complete dumbass. I know I would not be.

One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted Hide Post
Like target ID.

Posts: 5232 | Location: The way life should be | Registered: 24 May 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
In the area where my ranch is located , we have dog problems from time to time . Some of the local crackers are prone to have vicious hog dogs with no collar or a collar with no ID. They are trying to avoid liability should the dogs kill or injured someone or some other species such as livestock .

We have had two incidents with pit bulls attacking people or at least attempting to . My place is miles from the nearest residence . After these two incidents, I have no tolerance for these strays any longer .

Posts: 11907 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
I believe that the woman is lying about the dog attacking her, and made up the story to cover her mistake.

On the other hand, in her defense.... If one of your were in a national forest/wilderness area that is known to have wolves, and that dog was slipping through the timber 250 yards away, would you take the time to positively ID it as a wolf(as opposed to one of its domestic brethren), or would you get the cross hairs on it and drop the hammer?

You can claim that you would wait to positively ID it, but then you would just be admitting that you don’t know much about wolf hunting. Wolves rarely pose waiting to be identified and shot.

I don’t know what to say about her skinning it and still thinking that it was a wolf. Maybe the mind blocks out such mistakes? (I also wonder how many NR cow elk hunters eat an entire llama believing that it really was a cow elk.... which begs the question: how does llama rate as a game meat?)

This woman’s plight reminds me of a guy I work with. He teaches 1st grade and in an accomplished hunter, having hunted all his life and taken dozens of moose and brown bears, as well as a number of wolves. This month he shot a wolf while scouting for moose the last weekend of August. While telling me how he took a snap shot during the chance encounter he quipped, “as soon as I heard the bullet hit and saw him drop, I thought ‘oh shit, I hope that I didn’t just shoot someone’s dog!’”

Had it been a dog I’m sure he wouldn’t have skinned it, but it goes to show that such things do happen.

BTW, this is why I’ve gotten away from posting pictures on social media: you never know what damage it will cause, and outside of stroking ones ego, I’m not sure what positive purpose it serves.

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6834 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have seen fair number of coyote like looking dogs and I have seen a fair number of wolf like looking dogs.

At any distance one would be hard pressed to tell the difference.

More then once the DNR has had to preform DNA test to make sure.

Her biggest mistake was posting the picture and story. What some people well do for a little fame.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have never seen a dog that looks like a wolf except a 50% crossbreed. ever seen a wolf with that much white except a few I saw on Victoria Island, NWT. Every one of them had no black on them, and looked like wolves not dogs. Never seen a dog that looks like a coyote either. But that doesn't matter one bit here. What she shot only looks like a small dog, period.

Back in old America you were responsible for every shot, no excuses. From reading this thread, that is no longer even the majority opinion.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Ridiculas, she changes the story ever 30 minutes, wolf puts or adults do not growl and howl while charging and it would be almost impossible that a wolf pup would charge..Im not particularly fond of wolves in elk and deer country, but prefer them to a lieing human preditor of puppys..If she cannot recognize the difference between a Husky puppy and a wolf puppy she should have her hunting license restricted and fined..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41763 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There are two fouls here. Someone dumped 12 dogs, which is irresponsible at best and horrible in my opinion. If you can't care for them, take them to a shelter.

The second is an idiot shot a 6-month old puppy believing it was a wolf. She should never have had a hunting license if she can't tell the difference. And then stupidly posted it on social media? I guess that would be a third foul. Terrible press for hunters at a minimum.

Dogs running at large really doesn't come into this. It may have later if the dogs were able to survive, but between real wolves, grizzlies, coyotes, and a lack of survival skill, how many of them would ever have lived to become a problem we'll never know.

Chuck

Posts: 359 | Location: NW Montana | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What an absolute moron.

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3501 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
https://www.foxnews.com/us/mon...cited-animal-cruelty

Cited for animal cruelty, link to article.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552