THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Thoughts on a us multi state deer hunt

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thoughts on a us multi state deer hunt
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I am thinking after covid of planning a multi state deer hunt

Probably

Kansas
Nebraska
South Dakota

Or some combination of states centered around Kansas

Drive my truck and leave it in Kansas. With all gear and guns.

Hunt rifle and maybe blackpowder and archery.

Hunt whitetails and mule deer.

End of season drive truck back with meat to Florida.

Hunt over 2-3 months and fly back and forth back home.

Anyone done anything like that ?

Thanks,

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You'd better find a very secure place
to park it. Or someone you can trust.

Most farmers or ranchers would be good
if they'd allow you to park it inside
a barn or garage and lock it up. Even
better if they or someone would be on
the place full time.

Otherwise I'd expect to find it emptied
out when you got back to it.

What part of Kans? Anywhere near Campo
CO?? IF so, pm me. I know a guy there.

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5942 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by georgeld:
You'd better find a very secure place
to park it. Or someone you can trust.

Most farmers or ranchers would be good
if they'd allow you to park it inside
a barn or garage and lock it up. Even
better if they or someone would be on
the place full time.

Otherwise I'd expect to find it emptied
out when you got back to it.

What part of Kans? Anywhere near Campo
CO?? IF so, pm me. I know a guy there.

George

Emporia Kansas

I have very close friends there. The only problem is they are anti hunting animal rights activist Big Grin

They tolerate my hunting but basing a whole multi state hunting program out of their house would be tough and stretching it a bit.

I was thinking of buying some property in Emporia.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I find it hard to be "close friends"
with anyone that's so anti as that
sounds.

Ok, long ways from here.

Good luck with your desires.

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5942 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beretta682E:

Drive my truck and leave it in Kansas. With all gear and guns.

Hunt whitetails and mule deer.

End of season drive truck back with meat to Florida.

Hunt over 2-3 months and fly back and forth back home.

That is the coolest thing that I've heard in a while. And it makes perfect sense. Sorta reminds me of guys following the waterfowl migration.

I'm not anywhere close to retirement but I always thought that a retired hunter could have a memorable Fall buy camping six weeks in an area that offered long seasons and multiple animals.

And if push comes to shove you could probably rent a secure storage unit for a few hundred dollars for the season. Plus you could have more control over how centrally you could store your truck.

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6834 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
There is an outfitter on Kodiak that does what he calls a No Bucks left behind tour.

Where he travels to 7 or 8 states in November and December and shoots a bunch of bucks.

Almost be easier to do that in Texas and hunt 3 or 4 different areas of the state. You only have to buy one license, and if you can use land owner validations for tags.

Posts: 7767 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i would like to hunt

south dakota
nebraska
kansas

or some combination of states where i get an overlap of mule and big white tails.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
A hundred pounds of fresh shrimp would help with landowner.

Posts: 81 | Location: Mexia Texas | Registered: 23 September 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
Idaho, Wyoming, Montana and Colorado all have big overlaps with both deer.

There are Texas whitetails in NE New Mexico, and of course Coues whitetails in SW New Mexico, and mule deer everywhere in New Mexico.

Posts: 7767 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you're looking for help either guided or DIY in Montana South Dakota or Nebraska let me know and I can help you out.

Posts: 517 | Location: North West South Dakota | Registered: 26 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Randy Routier:
If you're looking for help either guided or DIY in Montana South Dakota or Nebraska let me know and I can help you out.

Will do.

Thanks,

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Wonderful Wyoming:
Idaho, Wyoming, Montana and Colorado all have big overlaps with both deer.

There are Texas whitetails in NE New Mexico, and of course Coues whitetails in SW New Mexico, and mule deer everywhere in New Mexico.

I think I want to hunt some place they don’t have Braum. I am getting fat eating at as I hunt Kansas Big Grin

But I am leaning towards buying 120-160 acres in Kansas somewhere near emporia and building a metal barn with living area.

Mike

one of us
posted Hide Post
I would be looking at states that offer over the counter tags.

Then you would be assured of being able to hunt.

Posts: 19349 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote