New
Find
Notify
Tools

Aoudad in Snyder-Post, Tx area
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have a place to stay in this area and now that deer season is over might like to give the Aoudads along the caprock a try (assuming that I can manage to miss one of the numerous windmills there).

Anyone know someone who guides or has access there?

Posts: 13232 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Check with the nearest city chamber of commerce, they sometimes have such a list. The local sale barn is full of ranchers on Saturday that can hunt you or tell you who to talk to.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41833 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
That's a long drive from Henly! There is a large ranch on the south side of Post with tons of Aoudad on it...unfortunately the owners aren't interested in people coming to hunt them. Too bad, there are a lot on there.

I hunt the Snyder/Post area. PM me when you will be in the area

"Let me start off with two words: Made in America"

Posts: 3315 | Location: Permian Basin | Registered: 16 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We hunted near Fluvanna for almost 15 years until the daughter in law ruined the deal for everybody. Too bad because there is great hunting there too.

You may google Ben Miller Ranch, Miller Brothers hunting, or something similar, as he's the largest landowner in that particular area and last I heard he was still hunting them. I don't do Facebook but they may be on there. Love that country.

Posts: 2276 | Location: West Texas | Registered: 07 December 2011Reply With Quote