New
Find
Notify
Tools

When let out what are you hunting.
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Technically, we will still be under quarantine, but I’m 2weeks, I am going turkey hunting as the spring season opens in KY.

Kentuckians were banned from going to Tennessee. I have been watching a big Tom across the creek in Tennessee. Their season is 2weeks sooner. But he might as well be in Switzerland for now.

Posts: 10781 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
In July, I am booked to be "hunting" sturgeon in B.C.

And in September, I am hoping (if I get drawn) to be chasing a bull elk in Montana.

Right now, I am on pins and needles hoping that these trips happen.

Posts: 1028 | Location: Manitoba, Canada | Registered: 01 December 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
April 15th I am going turkey hunting

Posts: 19353 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Went to the ranch Monday and killed a pig......

Posts: 41766 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Turkey on my own property. I am not locked down, life is still normal for me since I am a homesteader type.

~Ann

Posts: 19147 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of TREE 'EM
posted Hide Post
I’m typing this from the woods while hunting youth turkey season with my son.
It’s a little chilly today.

All We Know Is All We Are

Posts: 1214 | Location: E Central MO | Registered: 13 January 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tree’em

How did you and yours do?

Posts: 10781 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted Hide Post
Turkey in a few weeks then a nice upland game hunt in Downeast.Maine this fall and with any luck moose.

Posts: 5232 | Location: The way life should be | Registered: 24 May 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
I have never taken a turkey in my life. I didn't even apply in New Mexico. I bought points for Arizona for next year. They have Gould's turkeys there, whatever that is.

Maybe it is something I should try. I will probably be the guy that kills some exotic Turkey like a Goulds and never kill the ones that live in the back yard which I think are Merriams.

I have a black bear hunt in Northern New Mexico, and the Forest Service and the Game and Fish both claim they don't know if they are going to shut it down or not.

It is the only drawn Spring bear hunt in New Mexico, and it was kind of a big deal to draw a tag. I hope to have a chance to go. They won't let us camp in the National Forest unless we are 900 yards from a parking area, and all campgrounds are closed. It is also 400 miles from here, just not sure what the answer is. Sleeping in a hotel with the virus going around scares the shit out of me.

Work isn't approving vacation time because of the virus, so that is what will probably stop me from going even if the stars align.

I don't think this will be fleshed out before the season closes on bears.

Posts: 7767 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
first rock chuck of the year was killed in the next valley over today.
I will most likely be out sometime during the week checking over the access roads into the areas I hunt them in.
last week there was still 3' of snow blocking some of them off.

Posts: 4969 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Kyler Hamann
posted Hide Post
I was out calling coyotes yesterday (while checking cattle). Hunting alone is about the best Social Distancing that I can think of.

Posts: 2504 | Location: Central Coast of CA | Registered: 10 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Axis hunting. There is a big ole buck I was going after this week. I will get him later.

Keep the Pointy end away from you
www.jerryfisk.com

one of us
posted Hide Post
Bummed because our axis deer season was cancelled due to the virus as well as my stag, elk and fallow hunt that l was supposed to be leaving on today. So hopefully our mouflon sheep season ain't cancelled in a few months. But I hunt boar with dogs every week and do a lot of spearfishing weekly to help the elders in our community during these tough times with food from the land and sea.

Hunting its not a Hobby its My Way of Life!!!

Posts: 449 | Location: Kaneohe,Hawaii | Registered: 20 September 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Capt. Purvis
posted Hide Post
I hope that the world gets smart and slaps the hell out of China. I want them to move out of Venezuela so we can arrest Maduro and restore order.

That country has the best Blue Marlin fishing that I have ever experienced and I have been waiting since the late 90’s to return. Even through I have married since my last visit, I still want to enjoy the fishing. The women there are absolutely gorgeous.

Captain Clark Purvis
www.roanokeriverwaterfowl.com/

Posts: 1141 | Location: Eastern NC Outer Banks | Registered: 21 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
In Alabama, we are hard after turkeys now. Unfortunately, the turkeys are practicing social distancing from me.

One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Capt. Purvis:
I hope that the world gets smart and slaps the hell out of China. I want them to move out of Venezuela so we can arrest Maduro and restore order.

That country has the best Blue Marlin fishing that I have ever experienced and I have been waiting since the late 90’s to return. Even through I have married since my last visit, I still want to enjoy the fishing. The women there are absolutely gorgeous.

Yep, same story on being married now, I had a Venezuelan girlfriend about 12 years ago. She was average for Venezuela but a super model compared to what I had dated up until that point.

Posts: 7767 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of crshelton
posted Hide Post
Hogs as soon as it stops raining. One of the wettest winters ever in north central Texas.

Then one or more exotics for meat, No rush as they can be hunted year around here and freezers are nearly full.

NRA Life Benefactor Member,
DRSS, DWWC, Whittington
Center,Android Reloading
Ballistics App at
http://www.xplat.net/

Posts: 2294 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 25 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bill73
posted Hide Post
I will be watching closely if any hunt deals come out of this mess,in fact if this virus crap gets much worse? I ll be looking for a deal on a ranch somewhere in Texas to wait it out & rain hell on pigs Smiler

DRSS

Posts: 2277 | Location: MI | Registered: 20 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We as residents can still hunt here in Idaho and my buddy has a really good bear tag in a limited trophy area. So I'm gonna go help him out next week...need something to do!!!

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4884 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Slider
posted Hide Post
I planned on Turkey hunting here in WA. but we are currently locked down until May 4. The Month long Season ends May 15. They already closed The Youth Turkey Season. We can't even go Fishing State wide!!!

Posts: 2326 | Location: East Wenatchee | Registered: 18 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of TREE 'EM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LHeym500:
Tree’em

How did you and yours do?

No good yesterday.
Located a bird a couple hours ago and playing the waiting game on it as I write this.

Posts: 1214 | Location: E Central MO | Registered: 13 January 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Flour.....

Posts: 10133 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Had a Spring Black Bear hunt planned for the month of May on Vancouver Island...

Posts: 1610 | Location: Vermont | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tee’em let us know how the weekend ends. Is it the young person’s first turkey hunt.

One of Us
Picture of WoodHunter
posted Hide Post
Halibut. In the Straits of Juan de Fuca, between Washington's Olympic Peninsula and Vancouver Island, British Columbia. Depths anywhere from 160 to 600 feet, fishing right on the bottom. Average size, 30 to 40 pounds. Sometimes a biggie up to 250 pounds. Rarely a giant up to over 500 pounds.

Tying up leaders and deep drop rigs now, to pass the time.

Circle hooks, they work better than you can imagine:

Removing the barb, I fish in a barbless hook area:

When fishing the depths with 3 pounders I switch to electrics. Cranking a 3 pound sinker up from 600 feet with a regular reel for the 30 minute bait checks wears the arms out.

Posts: 1449 | Location: Running With The Hounds | Registered: 28 April 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of WoodHunter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dogcat:
Flour.....

I bought 30 pounds a week before the Corona hit the fan. A mix of whole wheat and white bread flour. And sugar. And yeast.

Revitalized the Sourdough starter. Bought 50 packs of yeast.

Might have to live on poached Black Tail Deer and bread and water, but I will be up and running! Plenty of Black Tail grazing the pasture and orchard.

Posts: 1449 | Location: Running With The Hounds | Registered: 28 April 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm hoping for September Wyoming antelope.

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14361 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We postponed an Argentina bird trip from july til next year. But going to drive out to south dakota late july for prairie dog

Posts: 718 | Location: va | Registered: 30 January 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We rescheduled our Namibia hunt to October, but we may have to reschedule that again.

In the meantime we are isolating at our 40acres in the ozarks. I’m trapping varmints to reduce turkey nest predators. Turkey season starts the 15th of April so I will try to kill a gobbler on our place.

If they free up travel I may have a chance for a DIY caribou bow hunt along the Dalton highway in Alaska later this summer.

Posts: 497 | Location: Arkansas Delta | Registered: 01 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Fingers crossed for Zambia and Mauritius in Oct-Nov.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12857 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have been too worried about ammo shortages to shoot any.

One of Us
Picture of TREE 'EM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Tee’em let us know how the weekend ends. Is it the young person’s first turkey hunt.

Had a bird talking to us for a couple of hours, then he went silent on us. After an hour of silence the boys patients gave out and he was done.
I took him out for youth season the year before last but we never could locate a bird on our farm.
We see tons of birds in the fall during deer season and it frustrates the hell out of him that we can’t easily find one in the spring.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
going to drive out to south dakota late july for prairie dog

Don't bet on it. The Crow Creek and Brule hostiles have blocked all roads leading to the Missouri River. Sure to see more of this spreading to other reservations.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TREE 'EM:
quote:

Had a bird talking to us for a couple of hours, then he went silent on us. After an hour of silence the boys patients gave out and he was done.
I took him out for youth season the year before last but we never could locate a bird on our farm.
We see tons of birds in the fall during deer season and it frustrates the hell out of him that we can’t easily find one in the spring.

It is mind blowing how they can sound right there, not be there, and soon you will them getting further away.

I kill more a bigger toms in our fall season and winter season.