New
Find
Notify
Tools

The biggest scumbag???
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
This story of this idiot is just amazing, hard to believe this moron fabs up this story and worst claims to be a navy seal!!!

A liitle history. It seems like Rowdy photoshopped this brown bear picture and passed it off as his own......but got caught!!!

"Rowdy Dowdy-

Just wanted to thank everyone again for their continued support amd following me through the season on here!! Also wanted to give a short story/follow-up of the events that occured last week...

Last week me and a good buddy of mine/videographer "Mike" jumped into a 16' zodiak and put well over 450 nautical miles on in a matter of days in search of a bear.. After having my spine beat to hell by the Alaskan Coastal waters for almost 100 miles one way, we started runnin into bears.. Mostly blacks but i knew a few places that the Browns would cruise the beach during low tide.. On day one we saw 4 black bears.. Day 2 brought decent weather and a lot more bear sightings.. 7 black bears and 4 brown bears but the 4 were not as big as others Ive taken in the past.. Not sure exactly what time but late afternoon around 6pmish, i spotted a big blondish colored bear walking a mile and a half long beach from 2 miles out.. The wind was good for an approach to the beach within a few hundred yards of the bear.. Once I put the boat on the beach, Mike got off and started settin up his tripod as I anchored the Zodiak.. Once our only ride was taken care of, I ran down the beach in the direction of the bear and set up behing a massive drift log on the upper portion of the beach and Mike set up 50 yds behind me on a hill to film the bear walking the entire length to me.. I put a Go Pro Hero 3 on the beach facing the bear about 10 yards out and 15 yards to my left.. When the bear approached I knew he'd be 20 yards or less... The wind was great and from previous hunts experience I knew he wouldnt know i was there!! Once i ranged him at 30 yards to my left i knew the Go Pro on the beach would be picking him up and turned on the Contour camera I ziptied to my Prime Centroids riser and looked back at Mike and got a big thumbs up telling me one thing, He was rolling footage and on the bear!! The bear walked directly over the Go Pro on the beach and got broadside at about 10 yards, but from previous experiences I knew not to draw til after he walked by and then take the quartering away shot.. Which is exactly what happend.. He took a few more steps, I drew back, settled the pin and let it go!! He whirled his head around to his right side where the arrow entered and started to bite like all my other coastal bears had done on my past hunts!! He ran back down the beach where he came from about 40 yards, I nocked another arrow.. He stopped and faced my direction as I ranged him but he was already spitting up massive amounts of blood and could tell it wasnt gonna be much longer til he was on the ground so the last thing I wanted to do was put another arrow in him to give him another burst of adrenaline! It wasnt another 20 seconds and he fell to the beach and I could hear him take his last few breaths of life..

At the end of it, I took the largest Coastal Brown Bear I'd ever seen.. He squared out at 10' 4" with an unofficial skull measurment of 28.5"

He's not a world record by any means but he is my biggest bear to date!! Probably the only way to kill a bigger bear would be to draw a really awesome Kodiak Island tag.. But you never know!!

Dall Sheep, Stone Sheep, Barren Ground Caribou, Mountain Caribou, Black Bear, Interior Grizzly Bear, Alaska Yukon Moose, Whitetail deer, Mule deer, Sitka Blacktail deer and Mountain Lion are still on the agenda for 2013... Let everyone know who your favorite Alaskan bowhunter is!!

Teaser video comig soon!!"

Doug McMann
www.skinnercreekhunts.com
ph# 250-476-1288
Fax # 250-476-1288
PO Box 27
Tatlayoko Lake, BC
Canada
V0L 1W0
email skinnercreek@telus.net

Posts: 1227 | Location:  | Registered: 21 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nick When I met him 2 years ago he told me that he was an Ex Navy SEAL who was wounded in Afghanistan. This I know isnt true!
Stringgunner I hear you bro Im all for playing devils advocate, giving people there dues and besides I never said his story wasnt true....Im sure in his head its all real. All I said is that his photo shop skills have improved. If all this is an elaborate hoax that hes been caught up in I will be the first to eat crow, publicly apologize and let him punch me in the d*ck but Im not to worried about that.

If anyone else needs any other proof hes a con artist call Hoppie at Osceola outfitters or Russel Knight at Knights Taxidermy or any other of the handfull of people that hes lied to scammed or stolen from.

The thread Wyo_Elk posted was pulled from his face book page where it was posted for over a week until someone called him out on it and then it disappeared and he said his account was hacked.

http://www.rrhunting.com/unimak-brown-bear/

Doug McMann
ph# 250-476-1288
Fax # 250-476-1288
PO Box 27
Tatlayoko Lake, BC
Canada
V0L 1W0

one of us
posted Hide Post
Doug,

Not really obvious to me why this guy is a scumbag...I don't follow the logic trail here.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You have to read the whole thing.
He never shot this bear in the picture, photoshopped himself in and changed the color on the bear. Ontop of this being a so call television outdoor host used the picture to promote himself to his sponsors. This apparently was not the first anilmal he has BS'ed about there was a monster elk he took credit for as well.

Doug McMann
ph# 250-476-1288
Fax # 250-476-1288
PO Box 27
Tatlayoko Lake, BC
Canada
V0L 1W0

One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2717 | Location: NH | Registered: 03 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of thecanadian
posted Hide Post
I hope that bow set up is just for target. I couldn't imagine actually hunting with a target scope!

"though the will of the majority is in all cases to prevail, that will to be rightful must be reasonable; that the minority possess their equal rights, which equal law must protect, and to violate would be oppression."

---Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 1085 | Location: Eau Claire, WI | Registered: 20 January 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I can't believe I wasted 30 min going thru that thread.

He appears to be a scumbag.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of drummondlindsey
posted Hide Post
I wish Ray had found photoshop

Posts: 2092 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drummondlindsey:

rotflmo

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6834 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drummondlindsey:

That would be too easy. He tried using someone else's pictures but got caught....

Posts: 10152 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BigNate
posted Hide Post
Never heard of him before this but do hope he can be exposed. A dishonest guy like this isn't someone we need "representing" us.

Posts: 2376 | Location: Idaho Panhandle | Registered: 27 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Highlander7
posted Hide Post
Doug,

Thanks for sharing. It's not that the whole photo shop and lie about the bear he killed that get's me... it's saying your a military veteran!

MSG, USA (Ret.) Armor
NRA Life Memeber

Posts: 596 | Location: Chester County, PA. | Registered: 09 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of don444
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigNate:
Never heard of him before this but do hope he can be exposed. A dishonest guy like this isn't someone we need "representing" us.
tu2 tu2

Posts: 551 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 27 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted Hide Post
quote:
and let him punch me in the d*ck

ouch

One of Us
Picture of Cazador humilde
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry, but any sponsor that actually listens to some guy that comes in his office and introduces himself as "Rowdy Dowdy" deserves what he gets.

Obviously this guy has some serious pathological issues.

Posts: 1278 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 31 May 2007Reply With Quote