Find
Notify
Tools

Colorado Poacher
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
https://www.koaa.com/news/cove...for-poaching-charges
I can't believe this. This guy should have gotten 20 years and 100k$ fine. Just the sheep is worth about 50-100k$. It can take about 20 points or more to draw one of these tags.
C.G.B.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'd gladly spend 6 months in jail for a Colorado bighorn and 12 mule deer!
Where do I report for my jail time?

You're right, this sentence is ridiculously light!!!

Zeke

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Surprised? This is the same place about to reintroduce wolves.

"On Monday, the Colorado Secretary of State’s office announced Edward’s campaign had gathered an estimated 139,333 valid signatures — above the 124,632 signatures needed to earn a place the 2020 ballot. If it passes, the measure would require state wildlife managers to reintroduce wolves to Western Colorado by the end of 2023."

Posts: 2717 | Location: NH | Registered: 03 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
western Colorado?
what did Utah do to them?
meh I guess nobody wants to hunt the book cliffs or the ponsagont anyway.

Posts: 4969 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Matt Norman
posted Hide Post
Yes, the condo dwellers in Boulder and Denver will decide that lots of wolves running around are a wonderful idea. Our "Parks & Wildlife' agency is quickly becoming more Parks and less Wildlife. But they do like selling hunting licenses (147 million dollars last year) They seem to be more interested in building bike trails than taking care of huntable wildlife.

Posts: 3276 | Location: Western Slope Colorado, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am about fed up with every game agency there is, here in Pa. they are doing their best to eliminate deer. The PGC whom manages the millions of acres of Pa. Game Lands bought and paid for by sportsmen alone is managing them more for the hikers, mtn bikers,and Ebikers than the sportsmen/women whom own them.
I bought my last tags in Montana a few years ago and Colorado a few years before that. Soon I will not support my home tate of Pa. either choosing to spend my hunting dollars in Canada and Africa.

Posts: 735 | Location: Quakertown, Pa. | Registered: 11 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Fury01
posted Hide Post
The many ruling over the few. The tyranny of pure democracy as expressed in most state politics. The society of urban ruling the rural. Lots of ways to say it but that is what is happening.

"The liberty enjoyed by the people of these states of worshiping Almighty God agreeably to their conscience, is not only among the choicest of their blessings, but also of their rights."
~George Washington - 1789

Posts: 2135 | Location: Where God breathes life into the Amber Waves of Grain and owns the cattle on a thousand hills. | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Slider
posted Hide Post
Fish and Game are currently writing Climate Change plans. They will slowly introduce them and force The U.S. Government to start giving out Grants for Climate Change. When this happens they will NO LONGER need the Revenue from Hunters!!!

Posts: 2328 | Location: East Wenatchee | Registered: 18 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There has never been a government agency that said we need less money. The biggest issue is that they dont really listen to us now with us providing a majority of the funding. I bet points become 250 a piece at some point, they wont need many hunters but they will try to get every last dollar they can.

One of Us
Picture of chuck375
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Norton:
Surprised? This is the same place about to reintroduce wolves.

"On Monday, the Colorado Secretary of State’s office announced Edward’s campaign had gathered an estimated 139,333 valid signatures — above the 124,632 signatures needed to earn a place the 2020 ballot. If it passes, the measure would require state wildlife managers to reintroduce wolves to Western Colorado by the end of 2023."

What! No grizzly bears?

Regards,

Chuck

"There's a saying in prize fighting, everyone's got a plan until they get hit"

Michael Douglas "The Ghost And The Darkness"

Posts: 4729 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: 01 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cgbach:
https://www.koaa.com/news/cove...for-poaching-charges
I can't believe this. This guy should have gotten 20 years and 100k$ fine. Just the sheep is worth about 50-100k$. It can take about 20 points or more to draw one of these tags.
C.G.B.

What needs to happen (though it won’t), is for Colorado resident sportsmen to raise holy hell with CDW and especially, the judge who gave out this light penalty. If enough people raised enough he’ll, judges would take notice and perhaps give out harsher sentences in the future.

Unfortunately, that won’t happen. People will bitch and gripe, but not do what is needed to effect change.

Posts: 3855 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote