Find
Notify
Tools

Elephant Mountain WMA
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted
I drew a Javelina tag for December. Has anyone been there in the past couple of years?

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Sevens
posted Hide Post
Well darn, guess that means I drew nothing as I haven’t heard anything yet.

If you died tomorrow, what would you have done today ...

2018 Zimbabwe - Tuskless w/ Nengasha Safaris
2011 Mozambique - Buffalo w/ Mashambanzou Safaris

Posts: 2789 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 27 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Seth, also ask this in the hog and javelina forum. I am sure our late friend Crazyhorse Consulting (Randall Weems) would have had some thoughts, rest his soul.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16365 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
??????????? Elephant Mountain in Texas is south of Marfa Tex. towards Presidio and its crawling with Javalina..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41833 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Game biologist called me last week as we were driving to Wyoming and told me I could kill 1 elk if I could find one.

I guess it depends on if I have a different area every day or get to hunt the same area. He told me my area would be about 3500 acres by myself.

If I am in one area the whole week I am going to hang some game cameras and try to find an elk on water.

If I am not, I'll concentrate on javelina.

Biologist told me that they have 8 hunters a year and typically kill 4-5 javelina and 2-3 elk.

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Go to Texas for Javalina, long season, more Javalina than you can count in a day, used to be free, and no limit but I think that's changed, but feralhogs live in the same area..as well as Mule Deer, Coues deer, whitetail, cross bred Mule/white tail in the Sanderson area, large populations and all private land, and no its not all fenced, in fact most is not.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41833 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of crshelton
posted Hide Post
Ray
Please supply some good recipes for cooking Javelina. Otherwise a first time hunter may not get it right.

Oh yes, if you have to carry one out of a canyon to your truck, count on some strange looks from folks before you get back to civilization and bathe and throw away those hunting clothes.

NRA Life Benefactor Member,
DRSS, DWWC, Whittington
Center,Android Reloading
Ballistics App at
http://www.xplat.net/

Posts: 2294 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 25 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It doesn't look like they have taken a lot of javelina there.

We will see how it goes.