New
Find
Notify
Tools

CULL HUNTS
 Login/Join

<AK-HUNTER>
posted
MY DAD AND I WERE TALKING ABOUT THE CULL HUNTS THAT YOU READ ABOUT FROM TIME TO TIME. IT SEAMS THAT MOST OF THEM ARE IN AFRICA OR SOMEPLACE HARD TO GET TO.

ARE THESE INVITE ONLY?
CAN YOU PAY TO GO?
HOW DO YOU FIND OUT THE INFO ON THEM?

ALL INFO WILL HELP
THANKS MORGAN (SON OF AK-HUNTER)

posted Hide Post
Morgan,

Cull hunts (spmetimes termed Management Hunts) are generally hunts designed to control/reduce a game population. As such you would not usually be shooting for wall hanger tropies but for females, the very young and the very old. Many of these hunts are at the cheaper end of the price scale but still "expensive" because of their destination. Now unless you know someone with a large tract of land with lots of animals, it's unlikely you'll be invited free on these hunts. Of the comercial hunts you need to shop about. Sometimes they are advertised in hunting magazines other times you can ring up an outfit offering trophy hunts and ask them what else they offer.

regards,

Pete

Posts: 5684 | Location: North Wales UK | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You might try a search engine for hunting in Australia. There are several outfits offering cull hunts in the land down under. Still not cheap. I checked into them a couple years ago. You would get lots of shooting in. Good luck "D"

Posts: 1701 | Location: Western NC | Registered: 28 June 2000Reply With Quote